Ode to a former forum

GTJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow, it took me awhile to find you guys.
Wha' happen to Hart? He was doing his own trolling there near the end. So it goes.

Hart never really liked football and clearly didn't like Georgia Tech. I never understood his motivation for running a forum about a combination of the two. Guy ran his sites like a dictator. A dictator who was incorrect about a lot of things and banned you if you proved him wrong.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think he always dreamed of making money off the site. He even tried to set up a "premium forum." When nobody bought in he complained loud and clear and called us all cheap bastards. It was all downhill from there.

He did have one of the nicest boards graphically, though and it was real user friendly. It had an awesome gameday chat feature, too.

GTJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Yep, he always felt like he was doing everyone a "favor" by not actually providing any inside information, especially when for some reason he decided to start going to every practice and all the stuff he use to do. (I never figured out how he was able to go to every weekday afternoon practice, when clearly this wasn't his full time job and provided zero revenue. He made references to having retired young with a super-successful business career, but I had doubts).

He would just go to practices and then get mad at everyone for not paying for the little, non-private info he gained from going. Like it was everyone's obligation to pay for his gas money and time.

Eric, on the other hand, actually provides good info on this site, seems like a good guy, and isn't trying to solicit anything. Not exactly shocking why this site would have taken off as quickly as it did.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hey cheese...just found this site thanks to your link on another board. Havent been on boards much. Agree that Jim's old board was great for the community. Not a fan of the individual. I was a-son-sir over there for a while. Jim made a CPJ bash thread and I posted reply that the thread was dumb and I would not be reading or replying to the thread further...he then booted me from the forum LOL. Good to see familiar faces here. I'd love to see Stylee and Steebu here. They provided amazing content.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he always dreamed of making money off the site. He even tried to set up a "premium forum." When nobody bought in he complained loud and clear and called us all cheap bastards. It was all downhill from there.

Well, well, well ... so this is where everyone ran off to?

You already got one board shut down, which board are you trying to shut down next? <-- the straw that broke my back

I'm actually typing this from the Kaiser in Santa Rosa, CA. My wife and I welcomed our little boy, Silas, to the world yesterday. His room at home is painted white and gold (mack would approve) and he has a full GT ensemble. We will nurture him with love and extreme dislike for them mutts (hate is such a strong word). I'll tell stylee about the board. Shall I tell Wn'E about the board, too? ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

You already got one board shut down, which board are you trying to shut down next? <-- the straw that broke my back

I'm actually typing this from the Kaiser in Santa Rosa, CA. My wife and I welcomed our little boy, Silas, to the world yesterday. His room at home is painted white and gold (mack would approve) and he has a full GT ensemble. We will nurture him with love and extreme dislike for them mutts (hate is such a strong word). I'll tell stylee about the board. Shall I tell Wn'E about the board, too? ;)

Congratulations!

I never joined any incarnation of hart's board, but I really appreciated the breakdown of our O you did a few years ago.

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Congratulations!

I never joined any incarnation of hart's board, but I really appreciated the breakdown of our O you did a few years ago.

Glad to see you man...time to talk x and os

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

Oh hell no! LOL! I see enough of that clown on the AJC!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Welcome aboard and congrats on the little guy, I'm sure you're one proud papa!

For those who don't know, Steebu and Stylee (or Styleebu, as I refer to them) are the GT community "option gurus." Nobody can break down the option and explain it to us common folk as they can. We're lucky to have them aboard! This board is really starting to shape. Just gotta make sure the rif raf, when they come, play by the rules or ship out (or get shipped out :cool:).

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I just found this site, WOW i love it such a breath of fresh air. i am so sick of the horrible attitudes and general stupidity and attitudes on ST, i never posted there was just a longtime lurker

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck

Welcome to the Swarm! I've heard quite a bit about you and look fforward to your input in the future THWG!

Animal02

Banned
Welcome aboard and congrats on the little guy, I'm sure you're one proud papa!

For those who don't know, Steebu and Stylee (or Styleebu, as I refer to them) are the GT community "option gurus." Nobody can break down the option and explain it to us common folk as they can. We're lucky to have them aboard! This board is really starting to shape. Just gotta make sure the rif raf, when they come, play by the rules or ship out (or get shipped out :cool:).
I always thought you were the rif raf cheese. :whistle: Agree that the game day chat was a great feature........made watching the games here alone in the north more enjoyable.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
image.jpg

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The tide is swelling....Foggy...uke.cheese.old gold etc...fun times are coming...I can see it now!

gtdrew

Banned
On behalf of GTSwarm, I'd like to welcome you all. I tried to do it individually, but you guys are joining too fast. A couple things:
1. We want this to be a place for open, honest discussion. All opinions are ok. What ISN'T ok is personal atacks on other members of this site or our coaching staff/players. We do not tolerate this.
2. If you want to make claims, BACK THEM UP. you wouldn't expect anyone to take your opinion seriously on why the speed limit should be changed w/o hard data, would you?
3. The staff here is here for you. If someone makes a post you think is over the line, click the "report" option. One of us will deal accordingly.

I hope you all enjoy this forum. Eric set it up as a place where all of us who love GT can discuss wat we think is right/wrong regarding the program. He asks nothing in return. DO NOT take advantage of his good attitude & generous spirit regarding information on GT happenings here.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Gents,

I've cleaned up this thread because it was starting to turn into one of those "Pro-CPJ vs. Anti-CPJ" threads and we all know how those type of threads turn out. If you really want to have one of those threads, there are plenty of other threads here that discussed the exact same topic or you're also welcome to create your own thread.