Odds of scoring based on field position

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Nice read on FTRS:
http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/ge...-tech-odds-of-scoring-based-on-field-position

Basically, it shows that if we start our drives within the opposing teams 20 yard line, we have scored a TD every time this year. On the opposite side, if we start within the 10 yard line on our side we score TD's about 45% of the time and only punt on about 20% of our drives. This offense is putting up some crazy numbers. Lets keep that going against uga!

GTO1.0.png

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The article also compares this team to the 2006 and 2009 ones:

GTO3.0.png

They seem to be calculating drives and scrimmage points the same way I do rather than counting them since I also have 108 drives and 380 points for GT's 2014 offense (and I know I'm counting Neally's fumbled interception return as a GT offensive drive). However, while the 115 opposition drives matches my calculation, their opposition points is too low. Opponents have scored 33 TDs and 12 FGs against us, which is 267 points not 229, and we didn't block 38 p.a.t.s on 33 TDs.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
lol if we get the bowl on at least our own 30 yard line we attempt to score 70% of the time...that is obscene.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
They seem to be calculating drives and scrimmage points the same way I do rather than counting them since I also have 108 drives and 380 points for GT's 2014 offense (and I know I'm counting Neally's fumbled interception return as a GT offensive drive). However, while the 115 opposition drives matches my calculation, their opposition points is too low. Opponents have scored 33 TDs and 12 FGs against us, which is 267 points not 229, and we didn't block 38 p.a.t.s on 33 TDs.
Lol, so what you're saying is that your data is better? Put it in a graph man! j/k. We have some managers where I work that will only understand data in graph form...