Odds Jalen Hurts follows Brent Key to Georgia Tech?

What are the odds Hurts follows Key to GT?

• Key stays put

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • Hurts stays put

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • No chance

Votes: 115 41.4%
  • .1-5%

Votes: 65 23.4%
  • 5.001-25%

Votes: 37 13.3%
  • 25.001%-50%

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Greater than 50%

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters

Texas_Wreck53

Georgia Tech Fan
Just curious what posters think. I was reading an article about where they think Hurts would go and they said daU would be his speculative 5th choice. It seems to me GT would be a better fit if Key came here. I know Key is no done deal.

I hope this hasn’t been discussed in-depth in one of the threads. If so mods can delete this.

Texas_Wreck53

Georgia Tech Fan
I think Collins and Patenaude would have to sell their asses off to get Hurts to come here and be in Atlanta for a year but Key would be the link. I guess to me it’s not necessarily causation just correlation of key coming then hurts coming.

slugboy

Staff member
I'm sure the NCAA will just let us bump the scholarship limit to 105 because of the coaching transition....

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hurts has applied to 'Bama's Masters in Sports Management program. All signs point to him returning to 'Bama next year.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably pretty low, the Key connection is our big in with him. I think he could start on most teams so the world is his oyster so to speak. I think we have a better chance with the ND kid just because he is a little more under-the-radar of a lot of schools.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Key is coming to GT. This is basically a known fact now.

If you don't want to believe the multiple outlets that are reporting it, look at the fact that there is still a vacant GT assistant coaching position yet the coaching staff has been presented as complete. That means someone has already been hired but is doing something else at the moment... so that means it's either a Bama OL coach, a Clemson OL coach, or a NFL OL coach whose team is still in the playoffs.

If you made a poll about the odds Key isn't GT's next OL coach, the only reasonable odds are less than 1%.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Key is coming to GT. This is basically a known fact now.

If you don't want to believe the multiple outlets that are reporting it, look at the fact that there is still a vacant GT assistant coaching position yet the coaching staff has been presented as complete. That means someone has already been hired but is doing something else at the moment... so that means it's either a Bama OL coach, a Clemson OL coach, or a NFL OL coach whose team is still in the playoffs.

If you made a poll about the odds Key isn't GT's next OL coach, the only reasonable odds are less than 1%.
I hope you're right about Coach Key;) The pessimistic side of me is worried that he will stay at Alabama:rolleyes:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Just curious what posters think. I was reading an article about where they think Hurts would go and they said daU would be his speculative 5th choice. It seems to me GT would be a better fit if Key came here. I know Key is no done deal.

I hope this hasn’t been discussed in-depth in one of the threads. If so mods can delete this.
Well, if we have decided we want to chunk the ball now, then Hurts ain't the guy. Anyway, he is going to a big time program with legitimate national pretensions and Miami might be the place. Except Miami likes to toss it around, too. He is an exceptional athlete with that QB curse. Knowing Saban's way, he might keep him there.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think Jalen may go to Houston to play for their new coach, Holgorsen (the previous WV coach). He is considered a QB whisperer. Jalen is from that area.

Option 2 would be him going to play for Kiffin. Not sure what option 3 would be.

I don't think he would come to GT, but we should already be able to find out what business grad schools he has applied for.