OC Hire

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Yea I know where you're coming from, I'm still wondering if Key is actually the guy we have. And you'd kill me if you knew who I actually wanted us to get. lmao *cough #kendallBriles
I don't care what kind of autistic savant genius on offense Kendal Briles is. According to a former Baylor victim's testimony, he encouraged sexual assault by players (see the Wiki on him). That goes way beyond putting down your old school while recruiting. I can only assume those who support him don't have daughters or sisters for that matter.

Milwaukee

Banned
I don't care what kind of autistic savant genius on offense Kendal Briles is. According to a former Baylor victim"s testimony, he encouraged sexual assault by players (see the Wiki on him) That goes way beyond putting down your old school while recruiting. I can only assume those who support him don't have daughters or sisters for that matter.

Don't get your info from Wiki.

"Hey guys, gather round. Tonight what I'd like you all to do is go out and sexually assault a female. You should all be doing this in your down time".

Do you REALLY believe that?

Doesn't matter though, word is he is headed to FSU.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't care what kind of autistic savant genius on offense Kendal Briles is. According to a former Baylor victim's testimony, he encouraged sexual assault by players (see the Wiki on him). That goes way beyond putting down your old school while recruiting. I can only assume those who support him don't have daughters or sisters for that matter.
We just don't pay attention to Wiki. Straight garbage!

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

"Hey guys, gather round. Tonight what I'd like you all to do is go out and sexually assault a female. You should all be doing this in your down time".

No, but I find it completely believable he told players, trying to impress them, "Yeah, man, you know what we used to do back in the days? We used to go up to frat X or Y during one of their parties, and those guys would drop a little something in the girl's drink, and we'd all have a good time, y'know what I mean, ha ha ha." Not far-fetched. That exact scenario literally happened at Vanderbilt (meaning a party, a spiked drink and a gang rape). He has no business working around young men and women, and the FSU thing is good to know. My daughter won't smell that campus as long as he's there. I don't care what his coaching acumen is. And this is not a Bret Kanavaugh situation where something happened 30 years ago and the woman can't remember 95% of the pertinent details.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
No, but I find it completely believable he told players, trying to impress them, "Yeah, man, you know what we used to do back in the days? We used to go up to frat X or Y during one of their parties, and those guys would drop a little something in the girl's drink, and we'd all have a good time, y'know what I mean, ha ha ha." Not far-fetched. That exact scenario literally happened at Vanderbilt (meaning a party, a spiked drink and a gang rape). He has no business working around young men and women, and the FSU thing is good to know. My daughter won't smell that campus as long as he's there. I don't care what his coaching acumen is. And this is not a Bret Kanavaugh situation where something happened 30 years ago and the woman can't remember 95% of the pertinent details.
Maybe it happened. Maybe it didn't. You also have the Duke lacrosse team. They even had the administration siding against them. Our country is a mess.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Please don’t bring up Kavanaugh in a football thread again. Not everyone shares your opinion, and political discussions are for the Swarm Lounge.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yea I know where you're coming from, I'm still wondering if Key is actually the guy we have. And you'd kill me if you knew who I actually wanted us to get. lmao *cough #kendallBriles
Imo, we will try the run heavy option for 2 years w ok success while GC brings in talent (tall fast receivers ) . RUN matches our players.
Then we need a pass centric OC.

(Caveat: unless Carter and Dolphus ball out. If they are that good why didnt we pass a lot more zo I going w ok).

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Guys in the bowl game are talking about Mid Tenn playing an Air Raid style from under center. Sounds interesting.

Will be interesting to watch.

Edit: apparently they run both under center and shotgun

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Guys in the bowl game are talking about Mid Tenn playing an Air Raid style from under center. Sounds interesting.

Will be interesting to watch.

Edit: apparently they run both under center and shotgun
They loaded up a jumbo and ran a running play where ab ran utm that looked like gt.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

I have no idea if Kendall Briles was involved in any way at all. But I don’t care for anyone in that family around my program. Nor would I want DJ Durkin anywhere near my team.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
He's only a co-OL coach at Bama. Either Guards, Centers or Tackles, TE's dont remember which.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

FWIW --
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Brent Key (born August 1, 1978) is an American college football coach and former player. Key is currently the offensive line coach at the University of Alabama. Until his hire at Alabama on February 15, 2016, Key was the offensive coordinator, assistant head coach, offensive line coach, and recruiting coordinator for the UCF Knights. Key played under former UCF head coach George O'Leary at Georgia Tech, where he later served as a graduate assistant before joining O'Leary at UCF. Key served as UCF’s recruiting coordinator beginning in 2007 along with being UCF’s Offensive Line Coach. After the 2012 season, Key was promoted to assistant head coach and then to offensive coordinator following the 2013 season.

Key is widely regarded as one of the top assistant coaches in the country. While as an assistant at UCF, Key was selected to be the heir apparent to George O'Leary following his retirement Following the 2013 season in which UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, Key reportedly declined the head coaching job at UAB to remain with the Knights.

In February 2016, Key was hired as the Offensive Line at Alabama, replacing Mario Cristobal, who remained on staff as Tight Ends coach. "

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
FWIW --
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Brent Key (born August 1, 1978) is an American college football coach and former player. Key is currently the offensive line coach at the University of Alabama. Until his hire at Alabama on February 15, 2016, Key was the offensive coordinator, assistant head coach, offensive line coach, and recruiting coordinator for the UCF Knights. Key played under former UCF head coach George O'Leary at Georgia Tech, where he later served as a graduate assistant before joining O'Leary at UCF. Key served as UCF’s recruiting coordinator beginning in 2007 along with being UCF’s Offensive Line Coach. After the 2012 season, Key was promoted to assistant head coach and then to offensive coordinator following the 2013 season.

Key is widely regarded as one of the top assistant coaches in the country. While as an assistant at UCF, Key was selected to be the heir apparent to George O'Leary following his retirement Following the 2013 season in which UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, Key reportedly declined the head coaching job at UAB to remain with the Knights.

In February 2016, Key was hired as the Offensive Line at Alabama, replacing Mario Cristobal, who remained on staff as Tight Ends coach. "
I hope the next GT offensive coordinator is someone other than Brent Key or George Godsey;) I would take Temple offensive coordinator Dave Patenaude over either one of them right now:cigar:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I feel like I have been drinking beer all afternoon at a cook out while waiting for the food to get done. I am ready for anything because I know that GC will be an active coach.
He has had many jobs and will expect the OC to show improvement or GC will get new one .
I hope we figure out how to pass over these NFL d linemen we are seeing at Clemson.

As far as OCs go I'd love it if GT would go after Lincoln Riley's understudy assuming that he's not the OC but maybe a position coach then OC here at GT would be a step up for him

I love the way OU stretches the field horizontally and vertically, whatever they do on Offense it seems to create uber space for their playmakers while maintaining a semblance of a power running game

I think an Off philosophy like that would do well in the ACC and attract a lot of talented recruits to GT