OC Hire

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I know nothing of his character, I’ve asked people what he did wrong but no one has given anything. Negative recruiting is not a character thing imo, unless it’s just trashing super bad and talking bad about specific people.
He specifically used his personal experience with the difficulty level at Tech to dissuade potential recruits from coming to Tech. He used something to the effect: "don't listen to all the lip service the coaches over there are saying about you being able to handle the workload. I was there. I went through that program. It was hell. It was the worst experience of my life. I wish I would have gone somewhere else. Don't make the same mistake I made." These were the negative recruiting comments I heard he used. Did he really? I don't know for sure. But that is the type of recruiting I find reprehensible. No thanks.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
He specifically used his personal experience with the difficulty level at Tech to dissuade potential recruits from coming to Tech. He used something to the effect: "don't listen to all the lip service the coaches over there are saying about you being able to handle the workload. I was there. I went through that program. It was hell. It was the worst experience of my life. I wish I would have gone somewhere else. Don't make the same mistake I made." These were the negative recruiting comments I heard he used. Did he really? I don't know for sure. But that is the type of recruiting I find reprehensible. No thanks.

And that is different than saying that other teams don't have degree's that matter how? Everyone negative recruits. Even us.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I suppose that CGC already has his pick for OC secured and just hasn't let it be known publicly yet. Otherwise I can't imagine he would feel "comfortable" enough to let things linger so long in between his hiring and making his selection/interviews. There is quite a bit of shifting/hiring going on right now with HC at new schools filling their vacancies.
However if he doesn't have it firmed up it will be interesting what the decision process was on considering how to split his time recruiting vs. filling big coaching roles. I tend to think he has the staff pretty well filled out and we will know more soon. I wonder if the hires will be made before early signing day? Thoughts?

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan

If he's a fraud, slick salesman we'll find out soon enough. Kids aren't stupid.. Us older Tech fans are kinda holding our breath and hoping for the best..We've been through some very dark days and have heard it all. I think he will upgrade recruiting which we need to do to try and keep up with the big boys, but he's not gonna sign a class full of 4*-5* players, lets be real.. I'm hoping he gets a few every year, but lets remember he's only been a head coach for 2 years, so imo its extremely important that he surrounds himself with quality assistants and the sooner the better ...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hope GC gets a few coaches / staff from TU and Gt and the a few come with his OC. That would be the easiest organisation to sell to us and too recruits.

I feel this guy's innovation focus will be selling the gt football brand on all fronts . He will ATTACK this with an energy level never seen at gt. He and his staff will be on privatec- social media , doing speaking events , around camp3rdus getting students engaged.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
I suppose that CGC already has his pick for OC secured and just hasn't let it be known publicly yet. Otherwise I can't imagine he would feel "comfortable" enough to let things linger so long in between his hiring and making his selection/interviews. There is quite a bit of shifting/hiring going on right now with HC at new schools filling their vacancies.
However if he doesn't have it firmed up it will be interesting what the decision process was on considering how to split his time recruiting vs. filling big coaching roles. I tend to think he has the staff pretty well filled out and we will know more soon. I wonder if the hires will be made before early signing day? Thoughts?
I think you are right, makes me believe that the new OC is involved in the playoff right now, and wants to remain with team throughout run. My guess is Brent Key, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If he's a fraud, slick salesman we'll find out soon enough. Kids aren't stupid.. Us older Tech fans are kinda holding our breath and hoping for the best..We've been through some very dark days and have heard it all. I think he will upgrade recruiting which we need to do to try and keep up with the big boys, but he's not gonna sign a class full of 4*-5* players, lets be real.. I'm hoping he gets a few every year, but lets remember he's only been a head coach for 2 years, so imo its extremely important that he surrounds himself with quality assistants and the sooner the better ...
GT is more appealing now than it was in 2007 imo, that year he helped sign 6 four stars. Now, I won’t say that’s going to happen, or will happen every year, but I won’t be surprised one bit if we start signing 5-10 4 stars a year under CGC.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think you are right, makes me believe that the new OC is involved in the playoff right now, and wants to remain with team throughout run. My guess is Brent Key, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Somone mentioned that they had a booster (if I’m not mistaken) tell them, that they were hearing his name for OC.