OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Ok what if the candidate were Alex van Pelt or Matt Canada? No Gt connects, just NFL OCs. Do you think we could get one of them? No way they are interested but Goose is apparently. Goose is as good as Van Pelt or Canada, except Canada has a lot of college experience with not a ton of success. Van Pelts resume is very similar to Goose’s but Goose can boast being a belichek tree guy which we would be gushing over if not for the fact that everyone wants to hate all candidates except the ones that are unattainable. Could we get Tom Herman? No way. Mullen? Unlikely. Is goose worse than Willie Korn? I went to all of goose’s games and I am a huge fan but I don’t KNOW he’s a homerun but certainly no can know he’s a bust. I’d take him over matt Canada
Why limit ourselves to crappy NFL OC's?

Clean house, put together a winning staff.

If Geoff isn't here, the job would be much more attractive.

As we are finding out based on potential offers, Tech has a bigger budget then most thought.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
K Q says according to the headlines that the GT OC search is going in a different direction after “nearly landing a big goose”. So who backed off GT? Godsey? Or did another more desirable candidate express interest?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
If we had chosen Godsey (and who knows where it may end), he has one thing that not many at Tech have had over the past 50 years. 3 straight over the evil empire playing a huge part in two of them.

2000_20-_20gt_uga_20godsey2_medium.jpg

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
If we had chosen Godsey (and who knows where it may end), he has one thing that not many at Tech have had over the past 50 years. 3 straight over the evil empire playing a huge part in two of them.

2000_20-_20gt_uga_20godsey2_medium.jpg
No doubt a great player! We just need someone with some solid previous experience if we are going to fix this Collins thing.

Make Collins DC, get a decent OC and things could be ok.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
This feels like the head coach hire. If I recall correctly, Whisenhunt was floated as being offered and the top choice. Our board was “if he didn’t have a GT tie, he wouldn’t be an option!”. Then it was CGC.

This feels like that. I’m going it’s Kevin Barbay or Mullen is the option.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
K Q says according to the headlines that the GT OC search is going in a different direction after “nearly landing a big goose”. So who backed off GT? Godsey? Or did another more desirable candidate express interest?

If Goose isn't happening, at least we know GT is willing to spend serious $$$ for an OC. I think they would go higher than the reported $800K to Godsey if it was the right guy. I don't think GT has a problem spending money for coaches that are worth it. I think GT fans just have a problem believing that would be true.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Being glass half-full on Godsey and the OC situation...
He's from the GOL and Belichick coaching trees. IIRC, Belichick prevented him from going to penn state with BOB...meaning he was valuable to the pats. NFL OCs don't get second chances if they're not approved by the rest of the coaching fraternity and to some extent the players. I think this could work. Likely to be better than PNode. I think he'd work very well with Key and CTC.

This also smacks of a bit of a TStan power play. Godsey isn't going to come here for peanuts either...probably looking at $1MM/yr for his services.
A pro coach should be good at making adjustments on the fly. That is their bread and butter.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
This feels like the head coach hire. If I recall correctly, Whisenhunt was floated as being offered and the top choice. Our board was “if he didn’t have a GT tie, he wouldn’t be an option!”. Then it was CGC.

This feels like that. I’m going it’s Kevin Barbay or Mullen is the option.
I remember that. Maybe TStan is appeasing the boosters by appearing to look for "Tech men"

OldGold_Rush

Georgia Tech Fan
I watched this before when it happened but seeing this again... man, I really miss Paul Johnson. He was an amazing coach and ran an excellent program with integrity.
Man… I was just thinking the same thing. Actually, never crossed my mind before but after watching this again I was day dreaming about CPJ calling up ADTS and saying “with all this spare time on my hands I revamped my offense and kept basic principles of the 3O along with spread and RPO concepts, how can I help you on offense”

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If Goose isn't happening, at least we know GT is willing to spend serious $$$ for an OC. I think they would go higher than the reported $800K to Godsey if it was the right guy. I don't think GT has a problem spending money for coaches that are worth it. I think GT fans just have a problem believing that would be true.
Agree I think Tech fans have a hard time believing anything