OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
If CGC truly wanted what is best for the program, he would resign with some sort of dignity.
Dont continue to rebrand GT football into oblivion..

Once upon a time it was his "Dream Job"
I think it has become a nightmare come true..

It will be so much harder to resuscitate this program much longer, seeing that its already on life support...

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
If CGC truly wanted what is best for the program, he would resign with some sort of dignity.
Dont continue to rebrand GT football into oblivion..

Once upon a time it was his "Dream Job"
I think it has become a nightmare come true..

It will be so much harder to resuscitate this program much longer, seeing that its already on life support...
I’ve loved GT since I was a kid, played a sport for GT, and continue to love the program.

All of that being said, I would never walk away from $14MM of guaranteed money.

I also find it hard to believe that anyone with half a set of stones on them in Collins’ position doesn’t think they can right the ship.

If this was the last year of his contract (like CPJ) then it might be a different story. It’s not. He’s not going to walk away. Y’all please quit acting like it’s going to happen.

He might get fired, bit nobody walks away from that much money for almost any reason (that doesn’t compromise their morals).

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Right now our offensive success is explosive plays I have yet to see something i might consider a well called series since KSU. I mean maybe some credit at UNC for not stoppign the zone read qb run when it was working but I just don't see a lot of consistency in attacking defenses from P.

Our offense is as vanilla as a cone from Dairy Queen. There is nothing innovative or different about it. We absolutely need an innovator to have success on the offensive side of the ball.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Our offense is as vanilla as a cone from Dairy Queen. There is nothing innovative or different about it. We absolutely need an innovator to have success on the offensive side of the ball.
Wait a minute I like the cones from Dairy Queen, now our offense is a little boring but our defense really sucks , unless you like long passes.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
The whole situation is just a mess. It is heartbreaking that its turned this bad, I’m just speechless. Really there’s no words to describe it. We have reached rock bottom.
Rock bottom is going to hit week one of next season when we realized we should have stopped the bleeding when we had the chance. At least we can rationale this season as a fact-finding mission of sorts. A lame-duck season next year is just going to be pathetic.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Our offense is vanilla. Plain vanilla.

We need an identity not “balance”. I would rather veer and shoot or option run than run a spread balanced attack relying on our players.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Im in the same mindset, our offense is scoring around 30 per game, just imagine if we could stop 5 more 3rd and longs per game, giving our offense around 5 more trys to reach the endzone. We need to focus on our back 7 right now. Just starting to see some edge rush this year from our new DE. This should improve next year with growth from scott and Biggers. hopefully our DT'S stay committed this year. Both new LB have been injured this year, hoping we see some flashes from them next year. Looking forward to Edwards making a splash next year. We have some guys coming up, just hope they mature quickly enough to help these next two years.
listened to a ND post game show, the hosts said that our OL is not of ACC caliber.

VRTechFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Dan Mullen was just fired today. Maybe he'll take a pay cut and coach the offense at Tech? I know it ain't happening.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Dan Mullen was just fired today. Maybe he'll take a pay cut and coach the offense at Tech? I know it ain't happening.
I understand they weren’t having their best year but that surprised me. Florida AD basically said he’s a good coach who can have success wherever he goes but we want To be Bama and always be the best. At this point I would take any success

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Not tons of experience as an OC. But I like Frank Ponce. Seems like the kind of coach we need around. I doubt his personality is a mesh with Collins, but he would get me excited about our offense at least next year.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. Key is one that has done the least with the most..... Offense not awful, except for OL, and it was supposed to be much improved.
I don't know about the "most", but I agree he hasn't really proven he was worth the hope yet. I'm willing to wait until we have 3/5 guys on the OL that were recruited here from HS and have been built and taught how Key wants.

slugboy

Staff member
He will be a head coach somewhere next season...
I saw someone float the idea of VaTech.
The only drawback is that it wouldn’t reignite their recruiting, but his MSST success would fit well there, and it’s a better football school

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I understand they weren’t having their best year but that surprised me. Florida AD basically said he’s a good coach who can have success wherever he goes but we want To be Bama and always be the best. At this point I would take any success
A couple of things about Mullen from my Florida friends. He is a good coach BUT he is a lazy recruiter with a abrasive personality to match. He is heartily disliked by Gator Nation from the fans to the administrators to the players. I doubt his dog likes him. He is polar opposites from Geoff in just about every way you can imagine.

nyto

Georgia Tech Fan
Bet Mullen ends up at a school that recruits for itself i.e. Texas or USC... UF has so much competition for in state talent.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
A couple of things about Mullen from my Florida friends. He is a good coach BUT he is a lazy recruiter with a abrasive personality to match. He is heartily disliked by Gator Nation from the fans to the administrators to the players. I doubt his dog likes him. He is polar opposites from Geoff in just about every way you can imagine.
His recruiting at FLA is actually pretty damned good, just not on the level of Bama and uga which is obviously where they have to be to compete for the SEC.