OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

kalld12

Banned
Im in the same mindset, our offense is scoring around 30 per game, just imagine if we could stop 5 more 3rd and longs per game, giving our offense around 5 more trys to reach the endzone. We need to focus on our back 7 right now. Just starting to see some edge rush this year from our new DE. This should improve next year with growth from scott and Biggers. hopefully our DT'S stay committed this year. Both new LB have been injured this year, hoping we see some flashes from them next year. Looking forward to Edwards making a splash next year. We have some guys coming up, just hope they mature quickly enough to help these next two years.
Tatum played very well from what I saw on Saturday after Eley went out for targeting (BS call btw). I think the future looks bright with the continued growth and development of our young DL and LB core. The secondary needs to be completely revamped, Swilling/Tariq/Juanyeh have to be the three most overrated players on the D.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure he ran the 4-2-5 also, remember “The Wolf” hybrid position?

Yeah but the wolf position was more of what we call a nickel in a 4-2-5 now. It was a tweener linebacker. Though I'm sure in this case Ibeballin can speak more from personal experience with wommack. I still seemed to remember that even when we were in that personell package we were often in a 4-3 alignment unless something pulled a shift.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Just throwing some names out there, no rumors or anything just spitballing with good defenses from smaller schools that we might be able to afford.
DC at Liberty - Scott Symons
Co DC at UTSA - Jess Loepp
Co DC at UTSA - Rod Wright
DC at Houston - Doug Belk

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Just throwing some names out there, no rumors or anything just spitballing with good defenses from smaller schools that we might be able to afford.
Doug is intriguing but I wonder how tied he is to Dana. Also I’m looking at some OC’s too cause play calling on offense is an issue.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
How about lance Thompson as dc. He’s currently linebacker coach at Fau. He’s had two different stints at tech already and has coach At Alabama Auburn LSU Tennessee South Carolina Florida and Ucf. He’s a great recruiter also. He won 2014 recruiter of the year.
I like that name.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Thanks people need to understand this is where we need to be looking not at coaches who make 4 and 5 million

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
These former coaches want to coach. Give them a decent amount of money. They can always rent a year to see if it works out. TStan could play the coach in waiting game with a name hire. Need a decent DC badly but actually both OC and DC.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Collins has to know his days are numbered here. One big year next year could give him time but not likely to happen unless he upgrades assistants. Even a big year next year gets into a probable rebuild the following year. How long do Sims and Gibbs stay?