Observations..

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game yesterday and the crowd was great! Some observations:

- The offense was clicking for the most part against a top 10 defense. We didn't punt once in the first half. We were moving the ball at will.
- How big was that blocked FG at the end of the first half?
- Pitt killed us with time of possession. D was gassed towards the end and allowed them to convert 2 4th downs to get their field goal.
- Some dodgy penalty calls on the D. We were called for PI when their WR pushed off.
- Their QB had all day to throw. I don't think we had one sack/TFL.
- We couldn't flip the field with special teams and almost had a safety once.
- JT had a couple of Reggie Ball moments.

I understand we have to recruit according to the TO system on the offense. But why is the recruiting on D so bad? There is absolutely no pass rush. The DBs are beaten quite easily. Tackling in the box is woeful. All the ugliness of 2 years ago has reared it's head again.

We might have had Gameday in Atlanta next week if were 7-0. Alas.. I can only dream. Till next week. Toodles.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Zero TFLs is the story of the game. We held a few times, but getting off the field is often tied very closely with getting teams behind the sticks. It only happened by penalty yesterday.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Roof needs to become Tenuta. I am tired of watching Roof's bend but don't break defenses. (And Womack's and Groh's ad nauseum.) In truth we don't have the defensive talent to do much, but I still would rather see us try and gamble rather than what we see....