OBJ handing out money to LSU players

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Oh man...how funny would it be that LSU wins the national title, Burrow wins the Heisman, and the thing to kick start an investigation into paying players and getting them busted is an NFL player and former LSU player on video giving money away?!

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
So LSU is saying it was fake. But Coach O and a few players say they didn't see the video. So it came from someone else.

My first question is, can I see one of them? Surely if you saw them to confirm they were fake you held on to at least one so you had proof. You had to know someone (in the media, not the NCAA) was going to ask about it. Don't just tell me they're fake. Show me a fake one and lets be done.

Of course by now I'm sure they've had a chance to produce something they think would pass for what you see in the video.

Question #2: Why is he handing out fake money? Why are the players so excited about this fake money? What is it for? Are they just vouchers to the local strip club? And if there's any value to them, it's still a violation, right?

Deleted member 2897

Of course it’s real. The players wouldn’t know on the spot if it was real or fake and nobody turned it down.

Plus, who cares? We have recorded conversations about paying people and the NCAA doesn’t care.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
If nothing comes of this I guess we can expect some big-money alum making it rain after the game next year. The NCAA has to at least acknowledge this and respond to it. Otherwise they're admitting defeat (the admission is the only thing missing at this point) and letting the floodgates open. How can they bury their heads in the sand (or other locations if you prefer) and have any leverage to ever enforce punishment again?

Should we go ahead and assume that our MBB program will have their full punishment enforced? Someone has to pay for this.

Deleted member 2897

If nothing comes of this I guess we can expect some big-money alum making it rain after the game next year. The NCAA has to at least acknowledge this and respond to it. Otherwise they're admitting defeat (the admission is the only thing missing at this point) and letting the floodgates open. How can they bury their heads in the sand (or other locations if you prefer) and have any leverage to ever enforce punishment again?

Should we go ahead and assume that our MBB program will have their full punishment enforced? Someone has to pay for this.

I don't think the NCAA has to respond or acknowledge anything. We have tons of coaches on recording discussing the paying of players and the NCAA hasn't done hardly anything. Clemson fired a coach for being caught discussing how they pay players. Crickets from the NCAA.

herb

Helluva Engineer
This is gonna grow. Burrow now saying since he’s not a student athlete anymore he doesn’t give a $hit and he’ll tell it like it is and the money WAS real.
God I love 2020 already. NCAA is now forced to move on this.

$nitches get $titche$

Deleted member 2897

This is gonna grow. Burrow now saying since he’s not a student athlete anymore he doesn’t give a $hit and he’ll tell it like it is and the money WAS real.
God I love 2020 already. NCAA is now forced to move on this.

We have coaches on recorded calls taking about paying players. Clemson admitted it and fired one of their coaches who got caught discussing it. The NCAA doesn’t care.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
New Orleans police issue arrest warrant for OBJ
New Orleans police on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. on a complaint of simple battery.

Video surfaced this week showing Beckham slapping the buttocks of a Superdome security guard in the LSU locker room after the Tigers' national championship victory over Clemson on Monday in New Orleans.

New Orleans Police Department public affairs officer Juan Barnes confirmed that the security guard filed the complaint.