O-Line Status

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ken S at the AJC had posted a story that the coaches expected Minihan to be back and S. Morgan to possibly play. That we might have some guys to rotate.

The O-line definitely looked better yesterday. Mason was in beast mode and they gave him holes to run through. Anyone have info on who played, where and how much? How much do you think the extra help on the O-line contributed to the improvement?

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Ken S at the AJC had posted a story that the coaches expected Minihan to be back and S. Morgan to possibly play. That we might have some guys to rotate.

The O-line definitely looked better yesterday. Mason was in beast mode and they gave him holes to run through. Anyone have info on who played, where and how much? How much do you think the extra help on the O-line contributed to the improvement?

I’d say it had to help a ton. We looked totally different against a pretty good front 7.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Both were listed as game participants on ramblinwreck.com. I could not watch the game so I cannot answer whether they made a difference. Hopefully they did, more depth and better health would go a long way toward improvement.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
OLine play is like the offense overall: The more snaps they get together the more cohesive and better they will play. Of all the offensive units, the OL is the most complicated in terms of the coordination and in tune they all need to be for the overall effectiveness of the group.

This is an entirely new blocking scheme, and different players have been rotating in and out We're only 6 games into the season. We're no where near where we should be, but we're better than we were in game one.

There's a saying: It gets worse before it gets better. Signs are pointing to us getting past the "it gets worse" phase. That goes for the team overall, not just the OL.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Minivan rotated in at guard. Charlie Clark also played at RT. Right side of the OL is still really bad, especially in pass pro. The center is playing surprisingly well. Left side of the OL is definitely the stronger side with Defoor and Quincey. Just my two cents.

I won’t be surprised if we’re playing a true freshman at RT next year.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Minivan rotated in at guard. Charlie Clark also played at RT. Right side of the OL is still really bad, especially in pass pro. The center is playing surprisingly well. Left side of the OL is definitely the stronger side with Defoor and Quincey. Just my two cents.

I would. Tech will have a lot of OLs with starting experience back next year and the frosh, with one exception, will need a year or so to beef up. The exception - Williams - will get to play and, who knows, may end up starting. I wouldn't take any heavy bets on that, however.

It's great to get some of the OLs back. Let's hope they are even more ready after the open date.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

Jordan Williams at RT.