O-Line Carnage

GTFLETCH

Banned
IF the O-Line is as bad as everyone says.... Then why in the world would anyone but Tobias Oliver be starting at QB ...as clearly we will need a QB who can run for their life and make some positive plays at the same time....

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Shaq might be the best olineman in GT history. I didn't even watch the ball in 2014, I'd just watched him. He'd be 20yrds downfield putting people on the ground.

Might be.

But have you ever heard of Billy Shaw? John Davis? Rufus Guthrie? Larry Stallings? “Big Six” Carpenter?

White_Gold

GT Athlete
IF the O-Line is as bad as everyone says.... Then why in the world would anyone but Tobias Oliver be starting at QB ...as clearly we will need a QB who can run for their life and make some positive plays at the same time....

Fair point, but I’d like to see him in playing next year not retired.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen this multiple times. Who was said to be elite

Well. Oliver
Curry through broadcast nfl caliber. Watch clemson game
Malachi carter
Carpenter and thomas
A Brown elite speed
Cottrell elite sp teams nfl caliber
Harvin elite punter
Jahaziel lee. Was called elite. Ok. Fact. He was called playing at an elite level. And he was a backup
Tre. But its a fact he is playing elite
We described alot of folks as elite. It just is true. Now. Its clear the staff chooses to use pump up vs fact or understated. But its killing the mind imo

And please don’t ask me for video or whatever i dont have time to link all this ****. I dont lie.

Btw. Not gonna argue with u on this online too much. So. Whatever. Fact is some things were over the top. We have a young team. And i can see big heads

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He was gone either way. Pretty sure he sprinted off the field after our last turnover against Minnesota. Didn’t even hang around for the clock to hit zero. A factory is going to best prepare him for the league either way.

Good player, I hope he gets a shot in the NFL
Sprinting off the field. Wonder why.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sprinting off the field. Wonder why.

I knew something was up when I saw him just jet off the field. No consoling teammates, no pats on the back, nothing. Straight to the locker room with speed. He was over it.

Hindsight being 20/20, but I would venture to guess Parker was leaving regardless if CPJ stayed or left. I think he was just ready for something new. He earned that right.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Would be interesting if the staff decides to move some guys around. Did they ever settle on where to move Austin Smith (DL/OL)? Has he played this year? Might be some reserve DLs getting baptism by fire.

An interesting thought, even though he's extremely inexperienced and is a true freshmen: 6'6 260lb Dylan Deveney.

We could use more TE packages for more cover along the lines.

It wasn't pretty when Lee was heathly, and even less pretty now. Time for some creative solutions.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Maye, Camp, Smith are all recruited players that have not played significantly on the OLine. They have a week to pick things up. 2 Walkons as starters scares me. This is bad.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
This really is a beat up group of Scholarship offensive lineman:
J. Lee - broken leg; out for the season
Minihan - not sure, but didn't look good on tape
S. Morgan - not sure, but not dressed
Clark - not sure, but not dressed
Hansen - supposedly coming off shoulder surgery
Cooper - playing through some kind of pain
Not many teams can lose 6 scholarship lineman for an extended period of time and look good. We need to get some guys back or have some other guys (Maye, Austin Smith) step up.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's relevant to the argument you're making and the implication that the last coaching staff is responsible for not having what you consider good talent on the offensive line. Parker Braun leaving is completely on this current coaching staff. I guarantee the line would look way better with him in it. And that's the problem, that falls on the shoulders of the current coaching staff. Hence why it's relevant.
Maye, Camp, Smith are all recruited players that have not played significantly on the OLine. They have a week to pick things up. 2 Walkons as starters scares me. This is bad.
I have heard a rumor that Maye has a nagging injury. - He can block for extra points . They say u can see he is very slow when runs out on the field.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sr Center -- Copper -
who did not go into locker room w team after he flenched on snap w citadell ,

who has had trouble w low snaps, and

Who has been giving up playing time to Lay;

will be rehabing and may redshirt

Offensive line injuries are an excuse or a reason??