NYC Point Gods

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Yessss! Showtime has set a summer premiere date for NYC Point Gods, a feature-length documentary on the enduring impact of New York City point guards who honed their craft on the city’s playgrounds and high school gyms in the 1980s and ’90s.

The pic from Showtime Documentary Films and Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Boardroom tips off at 9 p.m. Friday, July 29, on the premium cable net.

NYC Point Gods features a who’s who of point guard deities: Kenny Anderson, Mark Jackson, Stephon Marbury, Kenny Smith, Rod Strickland, Dwayne “Pearl” Washington, Rafer Alston and God Shammgod. They brought theatrics, dizzying ball control, stylish misdirection and a shake-and-bake game from the asphalt to the city’s hallowed high school gyms and to the NBA, orchestrating successful offenses at every level.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Was just about to post this. I'm definitely gonna check it out. Hope we feature prominently. We certainly should.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And can we be honest? One of them dudes is only there because of his weird name. He was aiight, but he does not belong in that company. Travis Best has a better resume, by far.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
And can we be honest? One of them dudes is only there because of his weird name. He was aiight, but he does not belong in that company. Travis Best has a better resume, by far.
God Shammgod was a McDonald's All American and good college player who made it to the league. Travis Best did have a better career but Travis Best also isn't a)an NYC legend so he's disqualified from this. Also Shammgod is relevant to young hoopers because of the move bearing his name.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
God Shammgod was a McDonald's All American and good college player who made it to the league. Travis Best did have a better career but Travis Best also isn't a)an NYC legend so he's disqualified from this. Also Shammgod is relevant to young hoopers because of the move bearing his name.

Ok ok, i yield. I'll take the L on my Best comp.

But I stand behind the notion that Shammgod doesn't belong in the same group as them other guys.

And, yes, I'm also aware that it's not that big a deal at the end of the day.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Ok ok, i yield. I'll take the L on my Best comp.

But I stand behind the notion that Shammgod doesn't belong in the same group as them other guys.

And, yes, I'm also aware that it's not that big a deal at the end of the day.
Nice handle and might be the only player to have a move named after himself but other than that, he was always overrated. No jumper at all, didn’t play D we either. He hit that move in the 97 sweet 16 vs Arizona (missed the layup) and he blew up after that. Shaheen Halloway better be in the doc. He was nice.