Nowhere to go but up

gdamian

Georgia Tech Fan
GT projected last in ACC bb this year by CBS Sports. The narrative is not surprising. Two best players from a bad team are gone. Can't blame them for this prediction given the large number of unknowns for this team, starting with where is the scoring going to come from? The good news is that there is nowhere to go but up with bare bones expectations.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure that means anything really. Sometimes there is addition by subtraction. What if all the players coming back improve immensely? That logic reminds me of when they say a team that returns all five starters will be much better. Forget that those five players gave up 20 points a game more on defense than they scored the previous year. Now if a team that went to the Final Four returns all their starters that's different. Those two players had four years of experience each. Who is to say some of our current players might not be better than those two by the time they graduate? Also, so much of college ball is about team chemistry. Not sure our team chemistry won't be better if the ball is shared more this year.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure that means anything really. Sometimes there is addition by subtraction. What if all the players coming back improve immensely? That logic reminds me of when they say a team that returns all five starters will be much better. Forget that those five players gave up 20 points a game more on defense than they scored the previous year. Now if a team that went to the Final Four returns all their starters that's different. Those two players had four years of experience each. Who is to say some of our current players might not be better than those two by the time they graduate? Also, so much of college ball is about team chemistry. Not sure our team chemistry won't be better if the ball is shared more this year.
Exactly. I’m pretty sure the year we went to the championship game, we were also picked to finish last or next to last.

No, I’m not saying that we should expect the same from this group. My point is that preseason projection are just projections and mean diddily squat.