Now We're Locking Threads....

thwgjacket

Because they may get bad. I was enjoying the discussion on the fumble thread and it was very civil. People were just posting pictures and giving their opinion. I'm posting this as a new thread because I think it'll affect change more than if I send an IM. I get the locking the thread thing somewhat but to lock down a thread because you think it may turn sour is dumb. You've also been mashing threads with other ones that don't belong together. How about you ease off the controls a little.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Because they may get bad. I was enjoying the discussion on the fumble thread and it was very civil. People were just posting pictures and giving their opinion. I'm posting this as a new thread because I think it'll affect change more than if I send an IM. I get the locking the thread thing somewhat but to lock down a thread because you think it may turn sour is dumb. You've also been mashing threads with other ones that don't belong together. How about you ease off the controls a little.

Is this sarcasm?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
If you are referring to my locking the "photo proof" thread, like I said, we all know how that thread will end up. Has nothing to do with turning sour. If you read the guy's tweet, all he wanted to do was stir things up contrary to what he posted. I believe that is what trolls typically do. If you want to have troll-led discussions, this place is not for you. There is no way for this site to please every single GT fan out there and it'll be a huge waste of time to try.

Everyone feel free to discuss.

RussianOffense

Georgia Tech Fan
Controversy is not allowed? On a football forum? Whether or not the pass was forward or backward was a legitimate topic of discussion. Quit playing hall monitor.

thwgjacket

Is this sarcasm?
No it's not. The thread was started by a troll, I can't deny that judging from the tweet. However, as an internet community the thread was turned from a troll message to a legitimate discussion about whether the ball was pitched forward or backwards. People were posting quality photos and videos to further the discussion. There was no name calling going on by members of the board or personal attacks. The topic of the thread had legitimately become the issue of the fumble. I understand deleting the one guys post but not locking a thread that had become a legitimate football discussion.
*I apologize for posting in the football thread, should have posted it here, but until now I was not very familiar with this portion of the site and it did not occur to me to post here.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
No it's not. The thread was started by a troll, I can't deny that judging from the tweet. However, as an internet community the thread was turned from a troll message to a legitimate discussion about whether the ball was pitched forward or backwards. People were posting quality photos and videos to further the discussion. There was no name calling going on by members of the board or personal attacks. The topic of the thread had legitimately become the issue of the fumble. I understand deleting the one guys post but not locking a thread that had become a legitimate football discussion.
*I apologize for posting in the football thread, should have posted it here, but until now I was not very familiar with this portion of the site and it did not occur to me to post here.

Okay, good. Cause we know what happens when you get sarcastic.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
the thread was turned from a troll message to a legitimate discussion about whether the ball was pitched forward or backwards. People were posting quality photos and videos to further the discussion.
Do you think that there was going to be some new revelation about the play that would've changed anyone's opinion about it or even changed the final result?

I don't think there will be any new evidence that will definitively prove a controversial call one way or another; certainly not enough to convince one team's fans that the other team's fans are right. On the other hand, I think GSU fans would've gotten a kick out of GT fans spinning our wheels and going out of our way to prove something that can not be proven.

If there is some new evidence about it or some official announcement from the head of officials or something, we'll reopen it up for discussion.

thwgjacket

Do you think that there was going to be some new revelation about the play that would've changed anyone's opinion about it or even changed the final result?

I don't think there will be any new evidence that will definitively prove a controversial call one way or another; certainly not enough to convince one team's fans that the other team's fans are right. On the other hand, I think GSU fans would've gotten a kick out of GT fans spinning our wheels and going out of our way to prove something that can not be proven.

If there is some new evidence about it or some official announcement from the head of officials or something, we'll reopen it up for discussion.
Well we'll never know now. You've squashed the the chance for truth.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member