Now that GT has Wood: What defensive recruits are at his "bullseye"?

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
The one that really comes to mind for me was 2004 VT at home, we were up but lost the game on two long touchdown passes in the fourth quarter.

To be fair though i believe all fanbases lose their minds over loses like that. Also our offense collapsed in the 2nd half of that game but people blame it all on the D.

I think that maybe the only time our fan base has ever blamed the D when our offense has collapsed. :whistle:

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My memory was that Ryan played one of the best games I've ever seen by a quarterback. Tenuta had blitzers in his face all game long but he got the throws off and on the money time after time. I was not in any way made at Tenuta; I just marvelled at how good Ryan was.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea what kind of grades it takes to get into App State I always assumed some of the better recruits they sign couldn't get into bigger schools?

Maybe true but some may have wanted to stay close to Mom and Dad in Boone or they might not have been big and/or fast enough to play sports for a bigger school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I am really glad the change was made to get ( a) Woody ! Seriously, the change in attitude and aggressiveness should be more like Tenuta, than anything we have had since then. However, I think we need to temper our expectations just a bit. So many of us, myself included, seem to get too hyped about the awesome talent coming in. IMO, if they were truly that great, they would have played as freshmen. I think we have done some better recently in our D recruiting, but it remains to be seen how they can actually contribute. I am cautiously optimistic. If we can make a noticeable step up on D , with a healthy O line and a serious passing threat at QB , we will go to a major bowl next year. I'm trying not to get my hopes unrealisticly high.

This is sound advice. I am sure Woody will make his mark but it may take a while to get the players to adopt his mindset and play the way he wants them to play. We will see but fans should be skeptical of miracles in the first year.