Notre Dame Predictions

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We're not the team starting our 3d string QB and 3 first yr RBs against a top 15 team, so why so doubtful ? We should be ~2 TDs better than them.
Only if the Irish come out with their hair on fire should this stay competitive.

I cannot imagine NDs offense going score for score with us.
Domers here saying their D needs best game in THREE YEARS to win.

GT 42 ND 30

Well for starters Kizer is 6'5" and weighs over 210 pounds. He's got a cannon and was a top 15 recruit who was offered by tons of teams, including from what I can tell Bama, LSU, Michigan State. Is he human? Yes. But this isn't like a few years ago when we played a converted linebacker playing QB for Maryland. Kizer is a very good player and if we let them get into 3rd and short situations, he will convert those with his legs and keep drives going.

The guy he's throwing to is also a 100% stud and a straight burner. It will be tough for our secondary to prevent him from getting wide open downfield and I would assume Kizer will constantly test us by going long to Fuller. He will get over 100 yards against us and he will score at least one, likely more, touchdowns. Our secondary has to step up or he will single handedly beat us.

It won't take much to get someone going behind Notre Dame's line. Prosise would be an absolute stud at AB. He's shown he can handle a moderate workload and bust big runs where needed. DL is going to have a tough job at the LOS to keep him from making plays.

In short - any huge advantage gained by ND losing its starters is offset by both their replacements and the guys around them.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Question, does ND have better atheletes on D than Missy St. Did?
I think so, yes. Plus, I'm a little concerned about how green our A-backs are. They've looked great and in sync against lesser competition but the speed and aggression Notre Dame will play with could make things more adventurous if the Irish play to force the pitch.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think so, yes. Plus, I'm a little concerned about how green our A-backs are. They've looked great and in sync against lesser competition but the speed and aggression Notre Dame will play with could make things more adventurous if the Irish play to force the pitch.

IIUC, the strength of ND's D is their DL and LB core. I'm hoping our experienced line and QB making option reads will take care of them while our A-Backs and WR's handle the pesky DBs.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I see us trying to minimize the pitch early, using more midline, counters, passes, and rocket tosses to let our ABs get comfortable with the speed and feel of the game before putting them in a situation where they're looking for a live pitch.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what to expect. The first string offense didn't look great to me last week in all honesty but they were probably just a little sluggish to start the game. I doubt that will be an issue for this one. I think if I graded our defense using school grades last year I would have given them a B- at the end of the year, and right now I think we are marginally better, so probably a B. I think or offense is about the same as it was to end the year, but maybe more explosive. I know we are the better team, but it depends on how we play in critical situations. I think we could blow them out, but I don't expect it. I think like others have said that it will be a game similar to the Miami game. I think we win 35-24 tacking on a late TD to put it away.