Notre Dame Postgame

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not questioning anyone's ability. Play like that against teams like ND, Clemson ,VT , Miami, UGAg and other conference games will get you the LOSS most of the time. Our AB's looked terrible compared to what we had last year. Your probably one of those guys screaming that GT was a National Championship team after pounding a couple JV squads even after we played sloppy against them. Athletically we can't afford play like that and missing FG's and 20-yard punts killed us. . You saying the BB's only important blocks are in pass protection tells me everything I need to know about you. Have a good evening.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Easier to time the snap counts when we always are getting the snap off with 1-2 seconds left on the play clock!!

PJ said we were NOT as good as everyone was saying, and HE was right. We are not making the key blocks often enough, and today, we played a fantastic team with some NFL level talent. I still think my original prediction of 9-3 being a great year could happen, but we need to beat someone we are not going to be favored against for sure.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I'm not questioning anyone's ability. Play like that against teams like ND, Clemson ,VT , Miami, UGAg and other conference games will get you the LOSS most of the time. Our AB's looked terrible compared to what we had last year. Your probably one of those guys screaming that GT was a National Championship team after pounding a couple JV squads even after we played sloppy against them. Athletically we can't afford play like that and missing FG's and 20-yard punts killed us. . You saying the BB's only important blocks are in pass protection tells me everything I need to know about you. Have a good evening.
Defiantly not SCREAMING FOR A NT I don't think anyone was but for you to say that someone had a bad game because of 2 plays is ridiculous, I think 3 TDs made up for him fumbling (which he recovered himself) and running to the wrong gap on one play.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Tough pill to take. Somedays things just do not go your way.

At least one VERY positive thing to walk away knowing is this TEAM did not quite. They keep trying and pushing. For this, I am very proud of them and Tech.

Many other goals are still available. Work hard, get better each and every day, and things will take care of themselves.

While not the desired outcome, believe in these young men and their coaches.

THWG!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Why does every pass have to be a 7 step drop? Is Justin too short to throw a 5 yard slant or a 3 yard drag?

I do think there is some reality to this..

If that's true then ND just created a template for an athletic defense to shut this team down.

Our receivers are not as good as last year. Don't mean to rip into the guys or anything, but the other two guys are currently on NFL payrolls.

This is a very worrisome performance by our offense. Someone mentioned it earlier, but this game looked like the LSU and Iowa games. There was no chance we were going to move the ball in either of those two games or this one. This performance by our offense just plain scares me.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
At least one VERY positive thing to walk away knowing is this TEAM did not quite. They keep trying and pushing....

THWG!

Tough to say this, because the defense played so well most of the game...but the 90-something yard touchdown run seemed like a lay-down play by our D.

In hindsight, we actually could have had a chance att he win if that doesn't happen...

Proabably not, but still.. That play seemed like the one from the MTSU game...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I did not see Qua get hurt.
Looked a little bit like the hit the Duke players put on JT last year. Not saying it was dirty. It just looked like he hurt. Tackler grabbed his leg and rolled with it while yanking back on it. Qua grabbed his leg in pain immediately afterward.

thwgjacket

The AB's and receivers played like they are young, which they are. Snoddy looked good though. The OL has no excuse, they got whipped all day. The defense actually played well except for the last TD where I think they were just tired from being out there so long.

I don't think CPJ had a good game play calling. I think we should have run more set plays early instead of option. Like jet sweeps and AB counters.

JeT played horribly, no way around it. If he wants to be the greatest he has to play better in games like today.

Rodwell...Good Lord son. Butker...WTF?

Great teams win on days when they're not great. Had Butker made some timely field goals and the holding call not happened then we may have come out with a win. But the result today tells me we're not great, I don't even think we're good right now.

Hopefully CPJ can get the guys figured out. I still have faith in the team but we've got a lot of work in front of us.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Take a look at the record books. How many national champions were actually undefeated?

This was our first real test, and it was against a good team on the road, and we have a lot of new players. Final score was 30-22, so we obviously got something going. We're 0-0 in the ACC, and we still have at least 9 more games to go, probably more. This season is just getting started.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Just not our day. We played tentative. Defense was trying to keep everyting in front of them and not attacking. With a first game QB we should have brought the house often and tried to shake his confidence. I thought if we held them to 24 points or less we would win. I did not count of the offense laying just about a complete egg. Looked like the stage was just too big for this group this early in the year. Perhaps they had been reading how great we are and thought it would be no contest.

Notre Dame is a good team but not a great team. They will lose a few along the way. We are a good team but obviously not a great team. We can still rally and have a really good year but we will have to play with a lot more passion than we displayed today. I know Butker will always be a legend in GT football lore for the kick in Athens but damn if he did not throw water on any chance we had of getting any momentum. Bad day all around for the Coaching staff, players, fans and the program over all. No need to jump off the building but sure want ot beat my head against the building.

Go Jackets!

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
This game is relatively simple to explain. We missed FGs we needed and they took away the dive, which would have been a problem if our A backs decided to finish their blocks. Whether it's because they're young or something else, the blocking on the edge was atrocious, and it allowed them to continue to crash the inside.

The unforced errors and gifts from the officials were too great to overcome.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
The team will learn from this and be better prepared for next Saturday against a Duke team coming off a loss. I had visions of us going undefeated after the first two games. We simply wasn't ready to play today against the talent of ND.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Love Justin but he got frustrated ......folks we just whipped
They lined up a safety 7 to 8 yards off the ball and we never made them pay until it was really over
If people use that 3-5 defense and take away the fullback and string the option out we are in trouble CPJ did not have an answer today looks like van gorder and had our number so look for all others to play that against us not excited about that but let's see what happens

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how much the presence of Dennis Andrews would have changed this game. He was the best blocking A back at the end of last year, and I just can't help but think of wasn't dismissed from the team he could have cleared the alley and punished them for overcommitting to stop the dive.

Declinometer

Banned
I wonder how much the presence of Dennis Andrews would have changed this game. He was the best blocking A back at the end of last year, and I just can't help but think of wasn't dismissed from the team he could have cleared the alley and punished them for overcommitting to stop the dive.
None

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I think what frustrates me the most is teams cheat to stop our bread and butter. We can plainly see it but can't do anything to make them pay for it.