Notre Dame Opens as 20 Point Favorite

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to ruin Notre Dame's season by beating them because even if they magically somehow beat Clemson with a loss to us they aren't getting into the CFP
If they lose to us, they will not only drop out of any chance at the playoffs, they will come close to dropping down to barely in the top 25. The beating that Lawrence and the Tigers will put on them next week will put them so far in the hole it will take a crowbar to get them out. That said, there is virtually no chance of this happening even if Notre Dame is overrated...so are we at number 75 or whatever it is this week.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Historically, we win this game. As a Jags fan, it’s been rare for both of my teams to win in the same week. Jags have a Bye, so why can’t the other team win one?

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you see the way they played against FSU and Louisville? I think those are likely if we can take advantage of them. Ian Book should have had 3 INTs against Louisville because of bad throws and misses wide open receivers if he is pressured. We just need to sell out on stopping the run and make Ian Book beat us, but with all the pressure hopefully he will fold.
You said it now he will beat us

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If, big if, we can avoid turnovers, we can probably keep it respectable. I don't get the feeling that they will do what Clemson did and just throw all day and score as quick. I think they'll view it as their defense will do well, so they'll establish the run, pass enough keep the chains moving, and play more controlling and conservative than Clemson. If we could get our OL to really get some push and establish Mason and Gibbs early and often to take some pressure off Sims I think it would go a long way towards giving us a chance.