Notre Dame in Talks to Hold Camp with GA State

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The problem with writing things down is they usually don't go away:

"Say what you want I love his tenacity."

"I like Franklin he doesn't settle for less and thinks outside the box."

In this thread, he clarified that his reference to Kelly as a scumbag was sarcasm. He's not inconsistent.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
In this thread, he clarified that his reference to Kelly as a scumbag was sarcasm. He's not inconsistent.
Ok, I missed that. An emoticon in his original post would have negated the need for the follow up, however. (One of these guys would have done the trick: ;))

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If this obviously phoney crap is allowed to continue, there is only one solution -

For GT / fsu / clemson / vt to collaborate and find a way to hold a camp in south bend.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
^hell, there aren't any decent recruits in that area to invite! Pennsylvania....now that's another story altogether. Gotra be a little pissaant school we can team with up there :D Maybe Temple lol

Animal02

Banned
^hell, there aren't any decent recruits in that area to invite! Pennsylvania....now that's another story altogether. Gotra be a little pissaant school we can team with up there :D Maybe Temple lol

Temple is on the wrong side of the state......the football region is western Pa, eastern Ohio. How about Kent State......they are about on par with Ga. State.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm an ND fan despite my last post. My brother went there. Question: have you ever seen a game in South Bend? If not, I suggest you go, at least once in your lifetime. We play them in their house in Sept 19, 2015. Do it, you won't regret it and you'll be pleasantly surprised by their fans. Sure, every fanbase has their fringe idiots, even us. But by and large, they are the most gracious host fans you'll ever meet. You can quote me on that one. The mystique is for real, too. It's a pretty cool place. It's ok to hate them, I get that. But it's a cool place still and their game day hospitality is second to none.
They don't seem to like us very much, though. Something to do with fish, I hear.

Animal02

Banned
They don't seem to like us very much, though. Something to do with fish, I hear.
I was at one of the flying fish games....in '78. Not only fish, but potatoes as well I recall.

In 97, when they beat us in the last minute (with a questionable call to help them if I remember correctly) the ND fans wer quite gracious depsite our being a big underdog that year.
In 07, most left early from being embarrassed (late FG to prevent a shut out) The only cheer from ND fans that day was when they annouce the final score of the Mich. vs App State game :giggle:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was at one of the flying fish games....in '78. Not only fish, but potatoes as well I recall.

In 97, when they beat us in the last minute (with a questionable call to help them if I remember correctly) the ND fans wer quite gracious depsite our being a big underdog that year.
In 07, most left early from being embarrassed (late FG to prevent a shut out) The only cheer from ND fans that day was when they annouce the final score of the Mich. vs App State game :giggle:
I was at the last two games you mentioned, I was 11 yrs old in '78 and not yet the rabid Tech fan that I am now.

I don't remember the stadium emptying out like you do in '97. Some left, of course, but in my recollection, the majority stayed to the bitter end. Two things that definitely stick out in my mind are: 1) every single member of ND's support staff, from the parking lot attendants, to the ticket takers, to the ushers, to the vendors.... everybody said "Welcome to Notre Dame" to every visiting fan they encountered and smiled. I also remember the ND band playing "I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech" on the field after the game.

Animal02

Banned
I was at the last two games you mentioned, I was 11 yrs old in '78 and not yet the rabid Tech fan that I am now.

I don't remember the stadium emptying out like you do in '97. Some left, of course, but in my recollection, the majority stayed to the bitter end. Two things that definitely stick out in my mind are: 1) every single member of ND's support staff, from the parking lot attendants, to the ticket takers, to the ushers, to the vendors.... everybody said "Welcome to Notre Dame" to every visiting fan they encountered and smiled. I also remember the ND band playing "I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech" on the field after the game.

In '07 I ended up in the faculty section (north end zone).....it got pretty thin toward the end of the game.............especially after the FG...maybe "most" is a stretch...But I agree....they do create a great game day even for visiting team fans.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Carvell: Georgia Tech’s Paul Johnson not happy about satellite camps either

“It wouldn’t be my preference, but it’s fair game if they (Georgia State) want to do it,” Johnson said. “I don’t see how it helps them. I know how it helps Notre Dame and Penn State. I don’t know how it helps Georgia State. But if they think it helps them, more power to them.

“We can’t do that (in the ACC). Nobody will be able to … by next year. They’ll (the NCAA) change the rule. They’re skirting the intent of the rule. That’s not what the rule was for. They know it."