Notre Dame - ACC Weekend #7

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This weekend the Jackets travel to South Bend to "begin" the 2nd half of the ACC schedule for 2021. At the halfway point, Ga Tech is 11-7 in conference play & tied for 1st in the Coastal division (tied for 3rd overall). Folks... that is the good news.

The not so good news... our next 6 ACC opponents that'll complete the conference schedule...are a combined 60-43... not a single one below .500 in ACC play.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Time to show what we got. This team is full of promise and talent at the plate. We have seen them do it defensively in the past (earlier this year and last year). We have a handful of proven pitching and more that have all the tools but have yet to prove their consistency. Here’s hoping they put it all together and continue to win series. This team is hard to understand.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Ramblin Wreck stuff - link below. 5PM, 2PM and 1PM are the times to start drinking. ND is #10 RPI and we are #72. We are playing at ND. ND should sweep or win series on paper. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2021/rpi-live

More later.

So if we start drinking at 5 pm, 2 pm, and 1 pm, you're saying the games are at 7 pm, 4 pm, and 3 pm???

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
only 1/2 through the game and already 90%
I'm not sure I get that only down by 3....
1617989931329.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ND starter today - not as good as UVa.

Last Friday versus Pitt - good but limited outing
1618001918155.png

Didn't pitch against L'VIlle much

Started Friday night against Duke and was pulled early
1618002079445.png

Game time. Done looking

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK up 7-2 T6. A lot better than we have done lately, but a lot more outs to go. Hurter getting count run up 88 after 5. Already on the 5th ND pitcher, fourth had a 10+ ERA.

Anyway, pitchers for Saturday and Sunday. I think they may be TBD depending on whether ND wants to put Bertrand in Sunday to get higher probability win. I don't know how ND can have won so many games with such weak pitching. I think they may have lost a starter??

1618008298719.png

Can't find stats for TBA. But ....... looking to last weeks

Saturday John Bertrand. Definitely their stud.
1618008720754.png

@ Pitt
1618008412207.png

Versus L'Ville
1618008492651.png

Versus Duke. Great complete game
1618008615008.png

Sunday, maybe Aidan Tyrell.

Last week @Pitt
1618008832829.png

L'Ville - no third game
Versus Duke
1618009015891.png

@UVa different starter
1618009091979.png

Attachments

• 1618008956834.png
    1618008956834.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 2

Deleted member 2897

Let a 7-2 lead slip away to lose 10-9.
I didn’t look in chat, but figure y’all were not happy for the last few innings.

Yup, it’s about that time for the Fire Danny Hall chants to start.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don't know what he's supposed to do. He's trying different things, but nothing is clicking right now. At some point, the bullpen arms have to say enough is enough and perform to their talent.
It's not just the bullpen arms. We had bases loaded, nobody out. Two strikeouts later we finally had someone step up and get a hit. That was when it was 7-6 Tech to make it 9-6 Tech. That was all we got. If we just get hit after hit in that situation, we're in good shape, But no, we strikeout. We had other opportunities during the game and we struck out or hit into DP's. Our team is currently deficient in all phases. Pitching, situational hitting, fielding. We are not a team that is playing well right now.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It's not just the bullpen arms. We had bases loaded, nobody out. Two strikeouts later we finally had someone step up and get a hit. That was when it was 7-6 Tech to make it 9-6 Tech. That was all we got. If we just get hit after hit in that situation, we're in good shape, But no, we strikeout. We had other opportunities during the game and we struck out or hit into DP's. Our team is currently deficient in all phases. Pitching, situational hitting, fielding. We are not a team that is playing well right now.
I'm not going to blame the offense though. I mean, yes we absolutely have to get better at situational hitting, but you should win the game when you score 9 runs. The offense and defense was fine today.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I'm not going to blame the offense though. I mean, yes we absolutely have to get better at situational hitting, but you should win the game when you score 9 runs. The offense and defense was fine today.
I agree that our pitching and defense needs to win that game, but look at the game as a whole. We were up 7-2, if I recall, when Austin was thrown out at third on a stolen base attempt with runners on 1st & 2nd with 2 outs and Malloy at the plate with Parada on deck. The #1 rule in baseball for baserunners is don't make the first or third out at 3B. We did. The next half inning, Notre Dame scored 4 runs to make it 7-6. If you're winning, don't give the other team any momentum. We did that by making poor plays on offense. Our pitching just finished the job.