Notre Dame 2/26

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Jackets open as 12.5 point underdogs on the road @ ND. Game is tomorrow night at 6:30pm ET on ESPNU.

Media:

@GTMBB Josh Pastner interview - February 24. 2017 (10 min audio)

Indy Star: Notre Dame hopes to exact revenge on Georgia Tech
“They’re hard to score on,” Brey said. “They’ve got good perimeter defending guards and then they’ve got Lammers in the back that blocks shots. And they change defenses on you. It’s a challenge for our offense, which happens to be in a good flow right now. I’d love to see us get out in transition so we don’t have to play against their set defense.” Brey also added about Lammers: “If he doesn’t block it, he’s got you thinking about it.”

Irish Sports Daily: Farrell Has Day-To-Day Focus
“We’ve been looking forward to this game after what happened down there,” point guard Matt Farrell stated on Thursday. “We felt we let that one slip away. We forced it a couple times in transition and we have to get better shots against them.”

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
C5jGIgcWAAABlrm.jpg

Look who gave us a pep talk at dinner tonight! #gojackets

Who is that? Digger phelps?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Have to stop thinking in reversals. They don't have anyone to stop Big Ben and his ho train. At 80% I'd take him over any other big man in the league. Colson can't play against him

I wouldn't be quite so sanguine about this matchup. Yes Ben can go over him but Colson is quick enough to stay in front and strong enough to keep him off the block. He also has the skillset and mindset to get his body into Ben and make it harder for him to block his shot. That is generally the last thing shot blockers want. Weird as it sounds Colson can be harder for Ben to play than a lot of the bigger/longer centers in the league.

For whatever reason I have a bad feeling about today. Don't like the matchup and the way we have been playing. Hope I am wrong.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Another tough loss where they just needed to make one more play. Q and Heath with a couple of unforced turnovers each. The awful call on Q for over the back takes two points off the board and Okogie got blatantly fouled on a wide open dunk with no call. Farrell with a lucky prayer at the end of the shot clock. Lammers got stripped on a few rebounds. Missed a few FTs again.

As Pastner mentioned, there is zero room for error and that's not the way they've been playing. Obviously the NC State loss hurts a lot more.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Same story, different game. Missed easy layups...I counted about 8 points between Josh and Big Game. This game was extremely winnable.

Now we get to the "Pastner has never lost 3 games in a row" game with Pitt.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Love Josh O but he has to get better at finishing around the basket. He misses a bunny that would've gotten it to a 2 point game and ND hits a prayer as the shot clock expires on the next possession to take the lead to 6. End of game.