Notre Dame - 1st Trip EVER to Indiana

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Peurifoy fouls out on the first pitch to end it. We drop the series to ND in game 2, 4-3. Trying to avoid the sweep tomorrow.

We have locked in 13th (out of 14th) in the ACC going into next week.

Newnan Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Another fine and dandy performance by this team. I have a feeling this team is gonna get swept. Maybe this team will continue to be awful that way there might be some changes after the season. Changes have been long overdue.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Another fine and dandy performance by this team. I have a feeling this team is gonna get swept. Maybe this team will continue to be awful that way there might be some changes after the season. Changes have been long overdue.
I will never wish to he bad for the sake of change. Just my opinion...

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I turned it off after the grand slam. I did not see us ever scoring against a lefty breaking baller. I turned back on and saw the 9th.Why was Bart pinch hit for?

Newnan Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Baseball program is kinda stale. Needs some new blood and energy
I will never wish to he bad for the sake of change. Just my opinion...
Well I do believe regardless of how the season ends. There needs to be changes made. New pitching coach and maybe even new hitting coach. Our approach is awful at the plate. Our recruiting isnt that great. Yes, we have talent but we have zero depth at key positions. Those positions are catcher, 3rd, 1st, and center. It's amazing that our best option in center is Peurifoy. Kid cant hit worth a lick for the past 2 seasons. The only bright parts of the season so far has been Bart coming on, Wilhite really playing well, and Ryan getting back to being Ryan. Shadday imo has been the best freshman pitcher so far but I do like Curry as well. Unforntuately I don't believe they will develop to be much better under our current coaches.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I turned it off after the grand slam. I did not see us ever scoring against a lefty breaking baller. I turned back on and saw the 9th.Why was Bart pinch hit for?
CDH took Bart out in the 7th and put McCann at C. My guess is to give Bart a few innings off from catching.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
CDH took Bart out in the 7th and put McCann at C. My guess is to give Bart a few innings off from catching.
Thanks. I'm of the opinion that letting Bart catch every game is not good. We don't allow a young catcher to get any exposure and we let the grind get to Bart, despite what Bart says. Check out how he has hit recently, when was his last home run?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Duplicate... I posted this to wrong thread a minute ago.

This is a pretty big game today. Unless you have completely given up the season [something I do not recommend...btw], this game is very important. We sit at 13th in the conference standings. Disappointed is an extreme understatement. However... it is only halfway AND there are plenty of teams within striking distance in the standings.

I'm not crazy... at this point my expectations for this team are low and seem to be just getting lower. But I do expect them to make the ACC Tournament. Need to be better to do that...just have to be. I sure hope the group in the clubhouse does not get frustrated and finds a way to win the battles as they come. Go JACKETS! Win TODAY!!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Well I do believe regardless of how the season ends. There needs to be changes made. New pitching coach and maybe even new hitting coach. Our approach is awful at the plate. Our recruiting isnt that great. Yes, we have talent but we have zero depth at key positions. Those positions are catcher, 3rd, 1st, and center. It's amazing that our best option in center is Peurifoy. Kid cant hit worth a lick for the past 2 seasons. The only bright parts of the season so far has been Bart coming on, Wilhite really playing well, and Ryan getting back to being Ryan. Shadday imo has been the best freshman pitcher so far but I do like Curry as well. Unforntuately I don't believe they will develop to be much better under our current coaches.
I agree completely.

Don't think the recruiting is really good (we do have an extra challenge with he academic standards, but that excuse can only get you so far). Also, I will say we can't get the JUCOs that a lot of schools can. The development of players is really the area that bothers me the most. Our guys really don't improve greatly over their time at GT.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I understand that we are all fans, which is short for fanatics. But I do think we need to be realistic. While I also would root for improvement, in truth, this team has shown itself to be no better than the 13th best team in the ACC. There really is no reason to expect any change the rest of this year. It would be nice to see an uptick, but I don't expect us to finish high and don't expect us to be more than my 11-19 prediction, which would (I think) miss the ACC Tourney (maybe not, I haven't really analyzed other teams remaining schedules etc).

Squints once complained about our fan base having unrealistic expectations. Maybe I am guilty of that criticism, but I do expect us to be able to return to the days when we could challenge for ACC top tier and national prominence. Frankly, I see the baseball program as being quite similar to the basketball program. And Hall reminds me a lot of Hewitt. Like basketball, I think the potential is there to be MUCH better than 13th in the ACC (or 8th, for that matter). It just takes the right coach.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Don't disagree with this [emoji106]

Hope we do well and still make changes as needed.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Christ, yesterday I first turn on the game and we give up a grand slam. Today, I turn on the game and we walk the 9 hole lead off hitter (.139 average). Then hit the next batter.

I'm done with this sh!t. Beautiful day for some yard work.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
CDH waits for Lee to walk 3 and hit 2 ALL IN THE SAME INNING before he took him out. CDH decisions are killing us...
Then brings in a guy that gave up 3 HRs and didn't record an out last week and walked a guy on his only 4 pitches on Friday.

Back to back hits by ND. ND has scored 6 this inning so far...