Notre Dame - 1st Trip EVER to Indiana

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Curry was left in too long ..... ended with an out and then three straight hits to tie the game. He was much more hittable at the end .....

Winborne comes in and starts with a 4 pitch walk to load bases. Sorry guys, I'd pull Winborne now.

Update: Winborne got pulled and looked pissed. He should be pissed at himself that he can't throw strikes. Next up. Combs with an out and bases loaded.

Update: Pop out and single. Run scores and nice throw gets next runner out at home. Down 2-3. Need some runs but it's getting cold .......
Hall/Howell never seem to have a good feel for when a P needs to be pulled. We often seem to leave some guys in a few batters too many.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Curry was left in too long ..... ended with an out and then three straight hits to tie the game. He was much more hittable at the end .....

Winborne comes in and starts with a 4 pitch walk to load bases. Sorry guys, I'd pull Winborne now.

Update: Winborne got pulled and looked pissed. He should be pissed at himself that he can't throw strikes. Next up. Combs with an out and bases loaded.

Update: Pop out and single. Run scores and nice throw gets next runner out at home. Down 2-3. Need some runs but it's getting cold .......
That was poor pitcher management and it's going to cost the team the game.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Errors....

As has been mentioned several times, unfortunately this team is not good enough at this time to overcome errors.

Newnan Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This team is a joke. Team rarely shows any emotion and hasnt had a killer instinct in a long time. Our hitting is way overrated. I cant remember in conference play where we have just jumped on somebody. We only score a lot of runs in one inning when the game is already out of hand. Losing tonight was on Hall. You keep Curry in way too long and should have pulled after the double. We probably will lose this series as well and go 0 for 5 to start ACC series. Itll be 0-6 after next weekend after playing Louisville. WE will be lucky to win one game next weekend. The pitching is awful the defense is even worst. How do we not have more depth at catcher, 3rd base and 1st base. Bart is going to wear down due to playing every game at the end of the season. My question is what do you consider GT nationally? We used to be considered a national powerhouse. With any program that has that label how long does a program put up with such mediocrity? THis team hasnt played well in all 3 phases of the game against anybody with a pulse. This team is poorly coached and really does need a change. Hall has done a poor job so far this season. If he doesnt get rid of Howell he needs to be shown the door.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I can't believe I watched this crap. ND is far worse than any ACC team we have faced, but we blew it. Craport can't play third base, Murray misplayed a fly ball into a triple and the winning run, Bailey should have thrown the winning run out at third anyway. Hall let Curry go back out for one more inning with a pitch count of 113, and he did not have any left. The batting was p... poor the whole game. The fielding was horrible. This team is hopeless and the season is shot. They don't deserve to go to any post season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We are what our record is. Last in the Coastal and 13th out of 14 in the ACC.

Hall is a miracle worker.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This is just so frustrating to watch. I'll support this team and watch the games, but I'm fed up with them right now. Every time the team seems to get some kind of momentum, they piss it away in the next game. They are just too talented to be playing like this. I'm still not giving up on the season, but man, I'm frustrated.

This team is a joke. Team rarely shows any emotion and hasnt had a killer instinct in a long time. Our hitting is way overrated. I cant remember in conference play where we have just jumped on somebody. We only score a lot of runs in one inning when the game is already out of hand. Losing tonight was on Hall. You keep Curry in way too long and should have pulled after the double. We probably will lose this series as well and go 0 for 5 to start ACC series. Itll be 0-6 after next weekend after playing Louisville. WE will be lucky to win one game next weekend. The pitching is awful the defense is even worst. How do we not have more depth at catcher, 3rd base and 1st base. Bart is going to wear down due to playing every game at the end of the season. My question is what do you consider GT nationally? We used to be considered a national powerhouse. With any program that has that label how long does a program put up with such mediocrity? THis team hasnt played well in all 3 phases of the game against anybody with a pulse. This team is poorly coached and really does need a change. Hall has done a poor job so far this season. If he doesnt get rid of Howell he needs to be shown the door.
That is wishful thinking. Hall is going no where. I wish Tech was like CU and just ripping off the band aid and find new blood to run the program. Legget was thought of by Cu fans like Danny is at Tech. Many of the ***** cats screamed when Legget was fired. They aren't complaining today.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, we really sucked yesterday. I didn't want to write anything I'd regret so I just said "balls".

I think we can be a much better team than we have been. As I've said, fielding is the biggest disappointment. While all 4 runs were "earned", the extra outs from 3 errors killed us. Our glaring defensive weakness is Craport (1 error) and 1st base (2 errors). Plus there were missed opportunities where outs weren't made which could have been by a good baseball team.

I think part of the poor play was from being up most of the night. Plus we aren't used to the cold like ND is. We'll see in the next two games how we do when neither excuse of mine is available. We should beat the crap out of ND if we deserve to go to the NCAAs.

It is on Hall for leaving Curry in too long. He deserved 1ER at most and not 3 ER. Part of the problem is we don't have depth of mid-relievers for a three game series. Winborne comes in and was awful with a 4 pitch walk. At least he got pulled immediately.

Doesn't the coaching staff watch pitchers warming up in the bull pen and see if they are ready??? If the staff does, they aren't effective.

Plus trying to bunt after a lead off double to start the game only makes sense for a team which has dominant pitching. We need lots and lots of runs. Small ball doesn't work with our pitching staff.

I have often joked that the Orioles poor play for more than a decade cured me of MLB. GT play is getting to the point of curing me of college baseball. I did cancel my premium subscriptions for college baseball this morning - no one is going to write about us since we aren't relevant.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
This is still gnawing at me, I only hope it bothers the team and Hall as much. In thinking about Curry, he doesn't have bad control, but one of the biggest reason for him running up the pitch count so quickly is that he has no out pitch. A good pitcher has to have one to get batters to miss for the third strike. He had back to back at bats early yesterday in which both batters fouled off at least four two strike pitches and both reached base.

Well, we really sucked yesterday. I didn't want to write anything I'd regret so I just said "balls".

I think we can be a much better team than we have been. As I've said, fielding is the biggest disappointment. While all 4 runs were "earned", the extra outs from 3 errors killed us. Our glaring defensive weakness is Craport (1 error) and 1st base (2 errors). Plus there were missed opportunities where outs weren't made which could have been by a good baseball team.

I think part of the poor play was from being up most of the night. Plus we aren't used to the cold like ND is. We'll see in the next two games how we do when neither excuse of mine is available. We should beat the crap out of ND if we deserve to go to the NCAAs.

It is on Hall for leaving Curry in too long. He deserved 1ER at most and not 3 ER. Part of the problem is we don't have depth of mid-relievers for a three game series. Winborne comes in and was awful with a 4 pitch walk. At least he got pulled immediately.

Doesn't the coaching staff watch pitchers warming up in the bull pen and see if they are ready??? If the staff does, they aren't effective.

Plus trying to bunt after a lead off double to start the game only makes sense for a team which has dominant pitching. We need lots and lots of runs. Small ball doesn't work with our pitching staff.

I have often joked that the Orioles poor play for more than a decade cured me of MLB. GT play is getting to the point of curing me of college baseball. I did cancel my premium subscriptions for college baseball this morning - no one is going to write about us since we aren't relevant.
Sad but true.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Today is a new day and that's the good thing about baseball. The team needs to flush last night and play strong today to give themselves a chance to win the series tomorrow.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
As Our glaring defensive weakness is Craport (1 error) and 1st base (2 errors). Plus there were missed opportunities where outs weren't made which could have been by a good baseball team.

We talk about injuries hurting us on the mound, but english getting hurt easily affected us the most at 1B. He was really good defensively last season.

Nope, no coaches watch the guys in the bullpen warm up; but, most all pitchers look really good in the pen anyways. I'm worried Winborne, Datoc, and Ryan may all hit a wall soon as they've been out there quite a bit (Winborne looks like he hit the wall last weekend).