North Carolina @ Georgia Tech, Wednesday January 30th at 8pm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am floored we beat UNC on points in the paint and points off the break. That is their bread and butter - I will give them the 4 point edge they had on second chance points.

This was all about our senior/Jr guards giving their freshman guards a welcome to the ACC. Again surprised their guards didn't get the ball inside with any regularity and tried to make it a guard game. Not too smart but I like it a lot. Congrats to Jose and Devoe who played really well and Usher who kept us in the game in the first half. A flawed UNC team but a reminder that college BB is a guards game.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I live in Chicago. I don't get why I can watch it on Hulu and you guys can't. If it's on RSN and Hulu has dropped RSN, I shouldn't be able to watch it, but there it was. It was the first on the list of available options.
Fox Sport South is not in Chicago. You probably get the Midwest version which has no contract with Raycom.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win and solid effort by the guards! Wish GT could get some further development from Howard. Had a layup towards the end there and missed it. But on to the next. They seem to enjoy playing with each other.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
No, I don't think any of us know yet how good (or bad) we are. Still too early to tell. I do like our leadership and experienced play at guard, and I think that will take us a long way. If a team like UNC couldn't take advantage of our small lineup, I don't know who else will be able to.

I love that we won this game despite shooting poor from the charity stripe (which is out of character for this team, especially at home), generally not shooting well in the first half, UNC making some crazy shots, and being out-rebounding by a bunch. If we can have all those things go against us and still win? Watch out, ACC...we might be on to something. :)

I will never tire of watching us beat UNC! Great game! Go Jackets!

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, we have defeated 2 “blue bloods” of college basketball. Even with the obvious recruiting advantages, there is a lot of parity. Lots of talented basketball players! Bring on Duke... and Kansas too!! Let’s take ‘em all down...

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
This was the first Tech BB game I watched and we have quite a bit of work to do to make a run in the tournament, but we have a few players who really gave their all last night. Fun game to watch.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
so does anyone have any idea how good we actually are? this year seems kind of crazy as a whole for CBB with the only constant being Gonzaga annihilating everyone
Gonzaga is the new UNLV of the late 80’s early 90. They can beat anyone from a Major Conference with ease and they’re blowing out everyone in their league. Like Vegas, they get soooo close every year but I think this is their 1990.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have been a Pastner nay-sayer since those two early season losses. Haven't posted since because....well, who wants a Negative Nancy always complaining on their message board? So I left it all alone.

As nice as last night's win is, I remain negative. Until Pastner can show me consistent success, I will remain in that corner. His teams have always seemed to show flashes, beat a couple of teams they shouldn't, and then lose to teams that they should beat. I'll start eating crow when we go on an ACC winning streak, or avoid some of those head-scratching losses that always seem to follow a decent win.

I'll go away again now and leave you all in peace because...as I said...who wants to listen to a doom and gloom guy?

Deleted member 2897

I have been a Pastner nay-sayer since those two early season losses. Haven't posted since because....well, who wants a Negative Nancy always complaining on their message board? So I left it all alone.

As nice as last night's win is, I remain negative. Until Pastner can show me consistent success, I will remain in that corner. His teams have always seemed to show flashes, beat a couple of teams they shouldn't, and then lose to teams that they should beat. I'll start eating crow when we go on an ACC winning streak, or avoid some of those head-scratching losses that always seem to follow a decent win.

I'll go away again now and leave you all in peace because...as I said...who wants to listen to a doom and gloom guy?

Theres nothing wrong with having a negative opinion. But yeah, if you post that 837 times across 27 different message boards, then it gets annoying.

Since resuming normal practice, we’re 5-1 wit our only loss on the road at a great Florida State team.

I think we have the POTENTIAL to be great. But to do that, we have prove we can beat the bottom half teams while continuing to pick off a few higher teams. The last 6 games prove we have the POTENTIAL to be great, but we do have to prove it indeed.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer

Nice win and credit to our players last night, but our coach has miles to go.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice win and credit to our players last night, but our coach has miles to go.

I swear...Some of y’all never cease to amaze me. LOL - what did you see in your expert opinion that he has miles to go?

Seriously, if you can look at last nights game and think that CJP doesn’t deserve credit, in some form for the W, then either you weren’t watching closely enough or you have an agenda or both.

The game plan and adjustments/switching up on D, and playing our guys that had foul trouble are what helped us win this game.

Would love for you to educate us.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

I appreciate this post. Like you, when I think negative thoughts, I try not to bring down others with me. And this post was said in a way that is not trollish, so thank you.