North Carolina Caught Cheating Again

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
A large percentage of UNCheat’s football team were found to be prescribed banned PEDs:
https://www.dukebasketballreport.co...estioned-stimulants-football-players-adhd-add

I hate to say it, but pucker up again. I’m sure with their behavior the NCAA will drop the hammer on our program again.

The DukeBasketballReport piece is more than a little bit biased. There is a medical form for the NCAA that can be filed in order for players to take those drugs, so they are not 100% "banned PEDs". From literature I have seen, ADHD drugs such as Ritalin can improve mental awareness even in people without ADHD, but doesn't improve physical performance.

The Athletic article does say that the coaches pushed for athletes to be diagnosed with ADHD for extra accommodations such as untimed tests. That is a concern, but that isn't the largest arguments in the Athletic's article. The biggest argument is that the concussions research didn't include the ADHD diagnosis of players out of the report, which calls the entire study into question. The Athletic article is about a research study at UNC that they claim was flawed. The DukeBasketballReport piece implies that UNC football players were regularly taking large amounts of steroids to get bigger, faster, and stronger.

I wouldn't take a hit piece article from a rival as "evidence" that UNC is in trouble.

Deleted member 2897

The DukeBasketballReport piece is more than a little bit biased. There is a medical form for the NCAA that can be filed in order for players to take those drugs, so they are not 100% "banned PEDs". From literature I have seen, ADHD drugs such as Ritalin can improve mental awareness even in people without ADHD, but doesn't improve physical performance.

The Athletic article does say that the coaches pushed for athletes to be diagnosed with ADHD for extra accommodations such as untimed tests. That is a concern, but that isn't the largest arguments in the Athletic's article. The biggest argument is that the concussions research didn't include the ADHD diagnosis of players out of the report, which calls the entire study into question. The Athletic article is about a research study at UNC that they claim was flawed. The DukeBasketballReport piece implies that UNC football players were regularly taking large amounts of steroids to get bigger, faster, and stronger.

I wouldn't take a hit piece article from a rival as "evidence" that UNC is in trouble.

Well first, it’s not a hit piece. It’s from a very biased source, but IIWII. Who here thinks 70% of UNC football players need to take those drugs? It’s like all of Alberto Salazar’s runners having exemptions for asthma. It doesn’t pass the straight faced test. Second, I don’t believe I ever stated I thought UNC was in trouble. I feel the opposite - we’ve already seen they’re above the law.