Noon Kick for Homecoming : (

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
It has been a good run of afternoon/evening games. Was really hoping we could keep it going. AJC says we did not even request a later time like we have in years past for some reason.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't get it - what's wrong with a noon kick-off? When I was a student - before the proliferation of TV coverage - kick-off was almost always at 1300... Get up at a decent hour, get cleaned up, early mixed-grill with friends, awesomeness of Grant Field, afternoon cocktails, watching other games, showered and cleaned up and ready for a fun night of band parties and drunk chicks from West Ga... Well, at least 30 years ago... :p

I don't get it - what's wrong with a noon kick-off? When I was a student - before the proliferation of TV coverage - kick-off was almost always at 1300... Get up at a decent hour, get cleaned up, early mixed-grill with friends, awesomeness of Grant Field, afternoon cocktails, watching other games, showered and cleaned up and ready for a fun night of band parties and drunk chicks from West Ga... Well, at least 30 years ago... :p
Some of us have to drive 2 1/2 or more hours to get there. That means getting up at 6AM in order to do any tailgating. I HATE noon kickoffs

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
My group has something like 30 people coming in. A huge part of the fun of homecoming is hanging out with all those folks on a beautiful fall day, throwing back a few cold ones, and grilling out. While Bloody Mary's and chicken biscuits at 9am are okay in a pinch, that still only leaves about 2 1/2 hours before heading to the stadium.

We may try an "after" tailgate this year. Anybody had any luck with that?

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It looks to me like the only way to move our games to a later start is to go on a win streak. As of now we are no where near the rankings. If we start piling up wins, we'll start get later starting times.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Now I gotta try to watch it on my phone during the MICHIGAN/MICHIGAN STATE game while I'm sitting in Spartan Stadium. My data is going to run out quick.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Obviously, you don't mind sitting in the sun for 2/3rds of the game watching your skin turn a nice shade of strawberry red. Not to mention the sweat-like-a-pig for hours aspect. I can't tell you how relieved I was last Saturday to be sitting at Grant Field with an overcast sky! Prayers of thanks were offered and then the sun came out. The Almighty and I are not on the same page.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
It looks to me like the only way to move our games to a later start is to go on a win streak. As of now we are no where near the rankings. If we start piling up wins, we'll start get later starting times.

Clemson has played a few noon games this year. Wining helps, but it's not the only thing. I believe our current coaching staff would rather play earlier in the day so we lean that way no matter what.