Non-player rumor from UF

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
First, please don’t shoot the Messenger, this comes from a guy who played for UF and is still friends with his QB from that team. The Qb does a local Gameday show, so he is connected…..

Word is that UF really wants to bring back cgc to be DC and are willing to do what it takes to get him out of his GT contract. I’m not saying that this is going to happen, but just that UF wants him back. Yes I know nobody is really going to want to take a step back from HC to DC. IF we only win 3 games this year I could see him on the hot seat next year due to the preseason ajc article about winning now. He could leave that way he isn’t fired from his dream job and could help GT out financially since UF would pay money for him to get out of his contract.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
First, please don’t shoot the Messenger, this comes from a guy who played for UF and is still friends with his QB from that team. The Qb does a local Gameday show, so he is connected…..

Word is that UF really wants to bring back cgc to be DC and are willing to do what it takes to get him out of his GT contract. I’m not saying that this is going to happen, but just that UF wants him back. Yes I know nobody is really going to want to take a step back from HC to DC. IF we only win 3 games this year I could see him on the hot seat next year due to the preseason ajc article about winning now. He could leave that way he isn’t fired from his dream job and could help GT out financially since UF would pay money for him to get out of his contract.
No way. Mullin literally laughed at Collins for making a lateral change. Dreaming.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I can see where someone at UF might have mused that it would be nice if GC were back there as DC, because he had some pretty good defenses there. Beyond that, nothing makes sense. But who knows, it's possible he could end up back there in his old job some day.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It’s not that outrageous. UF trying to follow in Bammer’s footsteps. What @TampaGT started with is the normal expected reaction among many GT fans, disbelief and mockery. That being said, there‘s more than just a handful of GT fans that don’t think CGC is a good head coach right now, many of those don’t think he’ll ever be. It’s like 95%+ of other teams fans if they give a crap at all about GT fooball. I’m surrounded by them daily (most follow GT because of me) and they don’t hesitate to tell me what they think. We have very lively football discussions down here & normally it’s pretty raw conversations, not the rah rah stuff although occasionally it is like when UF faces Free Shoes or somebody’s playing da U. We’re getting a lot of pity these days, but it’s normally laced with comments about who’s bright idea this was. We’re rivaling da U right now for sympathy votes.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Word is that UF really wants to bring back cgc to be DC and are willing to do what it takes to get him out of his GT contract. I’m not saying that this is going to happen, but just that UF wants him back. Yes I know nobody is really going to want to take a step back from HC to DC. IF we only win 3 games this year I could see him on the hot seat next year due to the preseason ajc article about winning now. He could leave that way he isn’t fired from his dream job and could help GT out financially since UF would pay money for him to get out of his contrM
My Florida friends ridicule this notion as far fetched because Mullen is notoriously stubborn and thin skinned when it comes to his friends who are on his staff. He will stick with the DC in spite of all evidence to the contrary that he is not very good.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If this is true - I'm not sure - I think it is up to Tstan. IF we win 3 - 4 games this year and IF the offer might5 be forthcoming, he could tell Collins that he's gone after next year and that he has the money to fire him. That might be what the move would need.

But … I don't think UF is actually interested. We'll see.