Non-adidas GT Swag

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Umm...what? What....what do you think Buzz is?
I think Buzz is what you enjoy and as far as I know, there aren't any plans to take it away from you. There are mascots and images at Tech that predate Buzz. Some look better than others and I plan to display some on shirts and wear them to ball games. We'll see if they create any buzz!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Go to a campus store in the SEC, Big Ten, or even at many other ACC schools and then go look at the offerings around Tech and you'll notice a big difference in quality of choices and look. Also Buzz as a mascot is OK, but to me, a lousy look on fanwear. I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket. I'm not a Georgia Tech Buzz.
I also have no interest in paying for gear to advertise for Adidas or any other sporting apparel company. They should be paying me to wear it!
I keep threatening to have my own Tech shirts manufactured. Perhaps this is the fall I actually do it.

I love Buzz. There's really no other mascot out there like Buzz. You got your Bulldogs, Trojans, Spartans, Eagles, yadda yadda yadda that are mascots to multiple schools but there's only one Buzz. Plus, I really love the mascot's looks. Buzz is cute but also has a mean edge to it. It's perfect.

Random story: Back during the winter Olympics 2018, I was wearing a Buzz cap at a hotel in Seoul having breakfast. Someone passed by and said "Go Tech!" Turned out he's an alum too, studied aerospace... so unbelievable we were there at the same time there and then.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
You guys want a meaner Buzz?!

yellow-jacket-logo-mascot-vector-23796999.jpg
yellow-jacket-sports-logo-mascot-football-vector-23796993.jpg
yellow-jacket-sports-logo-mascot-basketball-vector-23796992.jpg
56b88d73389619.5c07df497ae7b.jpg

danger-yellow-hornet-sting-cartoon-260nw-125449220.jpg
cartoon-bee-mascot-character-isolated-260nw-375278749.jpg
hornet-character-pointing-gun-illustration-84566943.jpg

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Just as an example, this is what Homefield released for BC today. I’m hoping we get a few more items than this on Monday, but I’m really not sure.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Just as an example, this is what Homefield released for BC today. I’m hoping we get a few more items than this on Monday, but I’m really not sure.
More GT apparel is always a good thing, but I still don’t get all the sometimes insane level of hype behind this Homefield Apparel be other companies. But guess we will see on the 18th.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I hope it’s more than this design we already have from another brand. Granted this is a vintage logo/mascot that there’s really only a few ways it can be done, but hopefully there’s some kind of unique spin on it.
This won’t be the only shirt or design. Not really much out there with this on it, other than “print on demand” stuff.