Georgia Tech Fan

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210916-225219_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210916-225219_Chrome.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 11

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There is a 30 page thread on adidas swag. Plus 5 pages here. I do not look at all posts and may miss entire pages but I cannot recall seeing a picture of anything posted in these threads and thinking "I would like to order that". Yet almost every other school has stuff that I would wear if I were a fan of said school. I live in an area with a lot of SEC alums and they have nice stuff. Given the change to both TStan and Adidas, I would have thought we would have moved the needle some by now. OTOH, I really don't need any more Tshirts, golf shirts or sweatshirts either so this is NOT a major rant fwiw.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
There is a 30 page thread on adidas swag. Plus 5 pages here. I do not look at all posts and may miss entire pages but I cannot recall seeing a picture of anything posted in these threads and thinking "I would like to order that". Yet almost every other school has stuff that I would wear if I were a fan of said school. I live in an area with a lot of SEC alums and they have nice stuff. Given the change to both TStan and Adidas, I would have thought we would have moved the needle some by now. OTOH, I really don't need any more Tshirts, golf shirts or sweatshirts either so this is NOT a major rant fwiw.
I mean, if you're willing to look, there is pretty much every type of apparel one could want--but if it's not important enough to you to put effort into, then yeah it makes sense that you might not see what you want.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I mean, if you're willing to look, there is pretty much every type of apparel one could want--but if it's not important enough to you to put effort into, then yeah it makes sense that you might not see what you want.
You make an excellent point. I do NOT put much effort into it as I guess it isn't that big a deal to me. About the only thing I do is go by the bookstore when I can - but that has not been very fruitful in a long time. I do have grey sweatshirt (no hood) with gold "Georgia Tech" stitched in block letters that I do like and bought from them a few years back.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I've had good luck with collegiate gear at Old Navy... they have Tech tshirts usually (for kids too!) and each year they usually stock up this type of gear in late summer. My go to store for years is the one in Buckhead.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Go to a campus store in the SEC, Big Ten, or even at many other ACC schools and then go look at the offerings around Tech and you'll notice a big difference in quality of choices and look. Also Buzz as a mascot is OK, but to me, a lousy look on fanwear. I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket. I'm not a Georgia Tech Buzz.
I also have no interest in paying for gear to advertise for Adidas or any other sporting apparel company. They should be paying me to wear it!
I keep threatening to have my own Tech shirts manufactured. Perhaps this is the fall I actually do it.

Last edited:

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Appreciated. Youre a bigger dude than me, but how tall are you? I'm a scrawny 6'-2" so I feel like large is the smallest I'd go...
Just remember that their gold hoodies are a far different fit than their navy hoodies. Navy hoodie slim, gold hoodie huge. Personally, I wish I had sized down 2 sizes on the gold hoodie I got. I am swimming in my medium gold hoodie at 6’ 175.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Buzz is a Yellow Jacket. I do think Buzz could use a face lift. Something along what the Falcons did about 10 years ago. Just refresh the logo.
Amen. I wish we would give buzz a little upgrade.

Between the 2 I like the gold and dark navy/black buzz over the yellow and black. Yellow and black seems weird when we are white and GOLD, with I guess navy. I know the yellow and black buzz is classic, but I hate using yellow instead of gold. Wish we were called the gold(en) jackets lol.

1200px-Georgia_Tech's_Buzz_logo.svg.png
81qR9EcEg6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Buzz needs some bulging muscles & a mean attitude!! The mascot should be 245lbs, 6'4" , with a scowl!!
I could not disagree more, tough looking cartoon characters are the dumbest things around. Southern's Gus, uga's uga, Dukes... thing, Michigan State's Trojan, Iowa's Hawkeye. There's nothing intimidating about a humanoid cartoon that can't talk. Our own Buzz, Oregon's Duck, Texas's Bevo, Western Kentucky's red thingy, those are the type of mascots that make CFB unique, the others are trying too hard.