No uga

Jmonty71

Banned
Finally, someone here who has all the answers. You got something, more than your own opinion, that makes you so sure that is the case?
I kinda of agree with the no football season. Here's why... Professionals are placed into bubbles and are still getting the virus. Do you think schools can do any better? Do you think it's fair to put these kids into isolation, just to play football? I am coming from more an unanswered questions place. Are schools prepared to deal with kids that get really sick and/or die? Will schools really sit a player out, for the virus? How much does a W matter over safety? I think this is an unnecessary risk, for the purpose of generating money. With so many unanswered questions, I foresee this being a disaster. I don't see baseball completing their season. I see the NBA going on, because it's a short tournament. Same with MLS.... All teams in one area.. Less exposure. The data shows that the more you expose yourself, the higher your chances are, you can contract this virus. Trust me. I want to see college football, but not at the expense of these kids.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I hope GTAA and uga's ath. dept can get together and work out this game because both sides want to play it. It just means a lot to folks in the Deep South and it would be incredibly selfish and just down right wrong if we make it to the end of the season and there's no COFH. Personally, Ill be down right upset. Nothing would thrill me more than to stun UGA in Athens again. I know it's highly unlikely but I just hate em.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
The ACC said in-state opponent. There aren't any Big 12 teams in Georgia.

Erroneous. The ACC only said the game must be played in the team’s home state. Opponent can be anybody that has acceptable Covid protocols.

You’d have to think we’d simply keep UCF or GW on the schedule and move the other to a different year. I’m not as scared of UCF as the sports media thinks we should be, so wouldn’t mind keeping them on for a potential ranked W.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
@Supersizethatorder-mutt - I've seen old games in the 1990 season. Tons of GT fans at the games (pariticularly the Citrus Bowl). Was there a decline in interest / support in the late 80s and early / mid 90s seasons?

I'm just wondering if this is a product of our fans being fair weather (and where we're at in our re-build cycle) or if this is a consistent trend.
It’s called a roller coaster. If we could sustain a 5 year run where we had a really good team, you would see it reversed.

LibertyTurns

Banned
New opponent has to be in state per ACC rules. Will likely be Ga Southern or Ga State.
The game has to be played in the same state as the institution. the opponent can be from anywhere that complies with ACC C19 rules. Just play UCF unless they have feathers like the mutt.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The game has to be played in the same state as the institution. the opponent can be from anywhere that complies with ACC C19 rules. Just play UCF unless they have feathers like the mutt.
I don’t know man. Every time we are supposed to play UCF all hell breaks loose. First a hurricane then COVID. God only knows what would happen if we try to play them again.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I do not think we will play football this season. Regardless, I also think our days of playing UGA are over. There’s precedent now NOT to play Tech and that’s only going to increase.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I do not think we will play football this season. Regardless, I also think our days of playing UGA are over. There’s precedent now NOT to play Tech and that’s only going to increase.
Disagree. Most UGA fans I know want us to get better so there can be an actual rivalry again. Its a win win game if we can get to national spotlight again

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought Tech UGA playing each other was a state law, brought on by our Women's Basketball team under Berenato(sp?) chickening out and ending the series against UGA because they could never beat them. Since then they have beaten UGA many times.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

I‘ve encountered both sentiments from UGA fans and I think the “UGA fans don’t care about the rivalry” is a generational thing. It seems a lot of UGA fans in their 20s don’t even remember losing to us three years in a row from 98-2000. If their earliest memories are Richt, then I can see why they don’t “get” the rivalry. We’ve only won 4 times since that three peat which was 20 years ago. It seems any mutt fan 35+ wants to play us, from my experience.

Ga tech

Georgia Tech Fan
uga happy that they will play the 2 weakest teams in the sec west instead of LSU, TX A&M, Ole Miss.
It’s only fair since they no longer get to play their usual grueling schedule, with this year being UL-Monroe, E Tenn State, UVA & GA Tech.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We might never play them again. The younger and new bandwagon UGA fans don’t want to play Tech. They think the game is a lose lose for them, which in the theory it is unless Tech has a major breakthrough and can provide a ranked vs ranked matchup annually or atleast play UGA competitive and not just get blown out every game. It would crush me if we no longer played them but it’s in the cards.