No uga

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If UGA doesn't want to lose their home game this year and return to Atlanta next year...F'ck em. It's time we start acting like a big boy program and leave them behind if they don't want to play by the rules. SEC cancelled the out of conference games, so it should be on their members to work around the OOC games.

Let's see if we can get Auburn/Tennessee/Alabama...or even Ohio State/Michigan scheduled in their place over the next decade. Obviously not the last game of the season since a lot of those teams already have their annual rivalry games then, but move games around to fit those marquee teams.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
5AB6CAD0-7540-4E59-A270-3F0F530FAAE3.jpeg
We put this out on our podcast Instagram page. Should make for some entertaining banter. Lol

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I think this probably means at least 1 COFH game at the Benz in the near future, and probably 2 so neither school keeps an additional home game. Especially with the announcement of the 6th game in the MBS series. Tech has too much to lose by not playing UGA, and I highly doubt any other marquee team agrees to an annual H&H series unless the game in Atlanta is at the Benz. Maybe could get Auburn or Tennessee for 2 games, but since they’re already playing uGA and have strong recruiting bases in Georgia already, they wouldn’t really have a need to schedule Tech either.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
No UGA this year, SEC not allowing out of conference games.

Do I hear Mercer anyone?
Nah I say we get Georgia State, I am biased as they are my alma mater, but I would love to see GT vs GA State especially after the GA State beat down of Tennessee last year.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Now we need to have the balls and tell next year is our home game and if you don't like it eat Sh*t.

When GT was looking to possibly play a neutral site game to flip the Clemson/mutt schedule(before the ACC changed the schedule), the mutts claimed that they would not agree to change the home-away schedule. GT would have to count that potential game as a home game. The ACC was planning to play and offered to play the mutts at home this year. If the mutts backed out, it is on them. They are scheduled to come to Atlanta next year.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think this probably means at least 1 COFH game at the Benz in the near future, and probably 2 so neither school keeps an additional home game. Especially with the announcement of the 6th game in the MBS series. Tech has too much to lose by not playing UGA, and I highly doubt any other marquee team agrees to an annual H&H series unless the game in Atlanta is at the Benz. Maybe could get Auburn or Tennessee for 2 games, but since they’re already playing uGA and have strong recruiting bases in Georgia already, they wouldn’t really have a need to schedule Tech either.

MBS would be a massive home game for them unfortunately.