No athletics activities on Election Day

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Also, while it is pretty clear many of the coaches have a certain view on racial justice, I would be careful assuming that means they all have a particular political persuasion. I would hope that particular issue would broadly transcend the political divide.

On top of that, just because people have agreement that racism, racial discrimination, and police brutality are wrong doesn't mean that they agree on what measures should be taken to solve the issues.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Boaty, would you have been persuaded to vote a certain way in college just because a coach urged you too? I suspect not. Then why do you assume the players cannot think for themselves like you could? I am pretty sure they can. They are all Tech men and women and I have faith they can think for themselves. (Same way I felt when CPJ was coach, who obviously had a different political view.)

Also, while it is pretty clear many of the coaches have a certain view on racial justice, I would be careful assuming that means they all have a particular political persuasion. I would hope that particular issue would broadly transcend the political divide.

I have no doubt racial justice does span the political divide. Both sides would have a different interpretation of what justice looks like however.

slugboy

Staff member
It’s not all Reveno, but he’s getting that feeling where you’re in the middle of starting something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd like to see voting become a national holiday. Obviously there are different election cycles, but it's one of American's fundamental rights. High time it deserves its own day.
I also think that it should be a weekend Saturday/Sunday thing.

slugboy

Staff member
Looks like the NCAA has followed our lead.

I love the way the NCAA jumps on a trend once it’s all gift wrapped with the batteries included. (Sarcasm)

I’m glad they went for it and are supporting it now, but I feel like Emmert shows up for the last 50 yards and acts like he ran the entire marathon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Boaty, would you have been persuaded to vote a certain way in college just because a coach urged you too? I suspect not. Then why do you assume the players cannot think for themselves like you could? I am pretty sure they can. They are all Tech men and women and I have faith they can think for themselves. (Same way I felt when CPJ was coach, who obviously had a different political view.)

Call me hard headed and maybe even dumb, but if I had a coach try and tell me who to vote for, I’d lose a lot of respect for that coach and even considering voting for the opposing party just out of spite. But that’s the kind of kid I was.:LOL:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Hope what we are in the middle of is a run to the Final Four.

There has always been a way for these students to vote, despite this noble effort.

Last edited:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
IMO this is one of the best things GT has ever done. I'm a big proponent of voting - haven't missed a vote since I turned 18 - Federal, state or local.

I can't imagine there would be any push from coaches at all in terms of who to vote for, that would be akin to a company telling its employees how to vote which is a big no-no.

Frankly I could care less who you vote for as long as you vote - i've driven people to the polls before that I know were not voting for the same candidates I was. Our right to vote is one of the most important freedoms we have and it is sort of shameful that a higher majority of Americans don't take advantage of it.

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope what we are in the middle of is a run to the Final Four.

There has always been a way for these students to vote, despite this noble effort.
On Tue Nov 2, 1976, I voted for Jimmy Carter for President..I was 21.....stood in line for about 5 mins to vote at old SAC.....my girlfriend, later my wife, told me I was an idiot voting for Carter just because he was a GT alum..she was, of course, correct...good news, the following Sat we beat ND without throwing a pass...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
IMO this is one of the best things GT has ever done. I'm a big proponent of voting - haven't missed a vote since I turned 18 - Federal, state or local.

I can't imagine there would be any push from coaches at all in terms of who to vote for, that would be akin to a company telling its employees how to vote which is a big no-no.

Frankly I could care less who you vote for as long as you vote - i've driven people to the polls before that I know were not voting for the same candidates I was. Our right to vote is one of the most important freedoms we have and it is sort of shameful that a higher majority of Americans don't take advantage of it.

Most excellent, sir.

Kind of proves my point - you found a way to Vote.