NL EAST 2021

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the shift - it's using analytics to outsmart the opponent.

But I also like the DH, 60 game seasons, no west coast games, runner on 2nd to start extra innings, and 7 inning doubleheaders. Basically, the 2020 season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I like the shift - it's using analytics to outsmart the opponent.

But I also like the DH, 60 game seasons, no west coast games, runner on 2nd to start extra innings, and 7 inning doubleheaders. Basically, the 2020 season.

Haha. This all means you're a 'snowflake', apparently.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Worse. I’m European

"Euro .... baseball fan?" - All the Boomers

project runway wtf GIF

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
It still pisses me off that I live in Atlanta and can’t watch Braves games even though I have an mlb.tv subscription and this is the free game of the day.

I had to choose between GT (YTTV has ACCN) and Braves (Comcast has Bally Sports).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It still pisses me off that I live in Atlanta and can’t watch Braves games even though I have an mlb.tv subscription and this is the free game of the day.

I had to choose between GT (YTTV has ACCN) and Braves (Comcast has Bally Sports).

I hate it for you too.

I'd invite you to the kg-crib but you might not be crazy enough to deal with us.

:)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The shift is an interesting one for "old school" types. You don't like the shift? But it is not a rule change that brought it about. It was intelligent analysis on putting defense in best "position" to get a batter out.

If you hate the shift... it's going to take a new rule to get rid of it. I hate new rules! Deal with the shift by learning/adjusting to the defensive adjustment aimed at you. Where does it end in effort to create more offense? Why not remove a defender (or 2). Make all the outfielders play within 250 ft of home plate? Eliminate the curve ball. All those ideas are as dumb (to me) as dictating where defenders position themselves.
I didn't say make a new rule, I said I hate the shift. Easy way to stop the shift...have the hitter learn to hit to the opposite field. These are big boys. When you have that much open field, you take what they give you. The attitude that I'm going to do what I do regardless of where they play me it part of the hubris of current players. If I had a guy that the other team put 3 infielders on the same side of the bag, I'd sit him if he didn't hit grounders to the open spot.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sharing more statistical misery. I "think" it's therapeutic.

July 6th was the last game in which a Nats starter recorded a WIN. That's an MLB record 40 straight games (as of last night) played without the starter getting the win. Think about that. FORTY GAMES. My goodness.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
538 has the Braves as the second best team in baseball behind only the Los Angeles Freddie Freemans. Braves are expected to win 100 games and have a 99+% chance to make the playoffs.

Despite that and only 1.5 games back, they still give the Mets a 75% chance to win the division. Braves have a higher xW-xL record.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
538 has the Braves as the second best team in baseball behind only the Los Angeles Freddie Freemans. Braves are expected to win 100 games and have a 99+% chance to make the playoffs.

Despite that and only 1.5 games back, they still give the Mets a 75% chance to win the division. Braves have a higher xW-xL record.
Not specifically NL East stuff, but go figure that Pitt. wins the season series vs. LA Free-men 5 games out of 6. Comparative scores can make the Pirates #1 in baseball. Arrrrgh. The Braves get their first season sweep over these same Bucs, since they were the Allegheny Pirate Crew. And the Yankees went from the best record in June, to a July and August mega swoon.

Don‘t tell @kg01 that Austin Riley has more X’tra base hits than anyone in the game.