NL EAST 2020

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
At the "nearly" halfway point, my bold prediction...

1) ATLANTA wins NL EAST going away.
2) 2nd place goes to a sub-500 team who's record will not be top 8 in NL.

Setting up situation where 6-seed has a poorer record than 7 or 8 ... & at least one team not making playoffs at all.
My bold prediction from a month ago... Got #1 right. If I miss on #2, gonna at least be close.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred,
Hearing that Howie Kendrick is hanging up the spikes after a 15 year career.
Any Nats. rumors?
Michael Harris, 20 y.o. might force his way onto the Braves scene. They drafted him for his bat, although several clubs scouted him for the arm. Much like Austin Riley, Micah Owings, a two-way type.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fred,
Hearing that Howie Kendrick is hanging up the spikes after a 15 year career.
Any Nats. rumors?
Michael Harris, 20 y.o. might force his way onto the Braves scene. They drafted him for his bat, although several clubs scouted him for the arm. Much like Austin Riley, Micah Owings, a two-way type.
Yes. Howie has announced his retirement. Will forever be a Nats legend for his huge hits (HRs) in the 2019 post season run. The Game 5 grand slam at LA in 10th innings & the Game 7 shot off RF foul pole at Houston in World Series. Both putting Nats ahead for good in series clinching games. Great leader & hitter.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
@Buzzbomb
I have no good rumors. Standard stuff. Nationals have needs to address at catcher, the corners, & bullpen. Not necessarily in that order.

Michael A Taylor has signed with KC.

Strasburg is on schedule to be ready to go for spring training.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I like all of the Braves and Nationals talk, but how 'bout my Mets with $15B Cohen now holding the purse strings? Looking forward to great things, but moving slowly so far..

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I like all of the Braves and Nationals talk, but how 'bout my Mets with $15B Cohen now holding the purse strings? Looking forward to great things, but moving slowly so far..
I'd be very surprised if y'all didn't get one of Springer or Bauer, but I still think that the Mets are missing some pen help and another starter (2 if they don't get Bauer).