Nick Marshall

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's a nature versus nurture argument.

You look at the ratio of football players that get into trouble at UGA versus the ratio of GT players that have gotten into trouble. I think those stats speak for themselves.

We do know this for a FACT. Had Marshall been here, he would NOT have been around the other football player who played a big role in the theft. Marshall was just stupid enough to listen to someone. When you're around kids with different priorities, you make decisions that mirror those priorities.

Not saying Marshall would have been immune to stupidity here, but the influences he had at UGA wouldn't have been present here.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Let's see:

According to you a guy that STOLE FROM HIS TEAM MATES at UGA, would NOT have gotten into any trouble and would NOT have stolen from his team mates here at GT.

The only way this scenario is possible is that the SEC Boosters pay more under the table at UGA therefore he had more swag flashed in front of his thieving eyes at UGA than if he had come to a "clean program" like GT where the Booster don't give our players anything, therefore no swag to flash in front of his eyes.

IMO that is the only scenario where this THIEF doesn't steal when he gets to GT.

A thief will always be a thief, all they need is an opportunity, and then their inner-nature takes over and poof, your stuff is gone.
Now you know he must havae done something really bad to steal from georgie players who .......dont really toe the line when it comes to the law.I think MR let him go and got him a schollie at jr college.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think the biggest difference is that Atlanta PD and Georgia Tech PD have more to do than ride herd on athletes, unlike cowtowns like Athens, Climpsumb, Awburn, et al...
Talked with a ex georgie player who said in the seventies if you got in trouble at Athens first call went to Erk Russell and now first call to to the news show...Also when some schools started putting the athletes in different areas with no monitors problems start.Shoot a 19 year old in Athens or Atlanta with no supervision is not a bad idea to some.

gtdrew

Banned
I think it's the same at any program in the country. Some kids can handle it, some can't. Schools in urban areas just have the luxury of hiding their student-athletes amongst the tens of thousands of other drunken idiots out on any given night...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think they get busted for DUI and other traffic stop arrests (small amounts of pot) more in the "cow towns" like u say. Don't think the same applies to the thefts, burglaries, robberies, drug trafficking (Gailey was ordered by a judge to allow ours to suit up but he damn sure didn't have to play his ***...that was my fianal straw with the Chanster) major crimes some players commit.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think it's the same at any program in the country. Some kids can handle it, some can't. Schools in urban areas just have the luxury of hiding their student-athletes amongst the tens of thousands of other drunken idiots out on any given night...
No doubt you speaketh the truth but Georgie seems to win the Fullmer Award every yr.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Can't Marshall declare for the draft? He'd be a serviceable backup for the 49ers, Seahawks, Eagles, and Panthers just to name a few. Some people aren't good at school or being on the correct side of the law, so why stay in college (which Auburn can barely call itself?)