Nick Chubb vs Travis Custis who would you rather have

Looking at both young men in high school, I didn't and don't see much difference. It would have been nice to have Chubb come to Tech, but he doesn't look like a game changer. Neither does Custis.

Yet. It's how they adjust to the college game that will make the difference. Only time and a little game experience will tell the tale on that.

Their success will also be influenced by how their program adjusts to them and their individual talents. If Bobo tries to make Chubb into something he is not, then his chances of success may be limited. We all are aware of the limitations CPJ puts on athletes. If Custis has big league talent and is allowed to use it, then he could end up being a great one.

Well this is a no brainer! Custis was a commitment then because of technical academic problem he could not enroll as we all know. The point is he could have gone else where, but instead he stayed with us. This very telling about what great character he has not to even think about the fact that I think he will become a great player!

I liked that he stayed with us, but even if he had changed schools, doing what he figured was best for him, i don't think that would have necessarily been an indicator of not having great character.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Their success will also be influenced by how their program adjusts to them and their individual talents. If Bobo tries to make Chubb into something he is not, then his chances of success may be limited. We all are aware of the limitations CPJ puts on athletes. If Custis has big league talent and is allowed to use it, then he could end up being a great one.

Care to enlighten us as to these alleged limitations?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Again, I'll respond to J-B.

I think you are suffering from a common disease among Tech fans: Systemoffensivephobiatis. We run a system offense and we get athletes who can fit the roles they have in it. As I have pointed out before, that's the reason we hired Coach in the first place. If you have a hard time recruiting truly top rank talent for skill positions - and we do - then the thing to do is choose a coach who has a system that will allow you to go after athletes that other people aren't as hot for because they fit the system roles you have in mind. Iow, you play Monyeball in a football context.

Coach is a past master at this; that's why he succeeded at Navy and that's why we hired him. He recruits well for the offense we run and our D recruiting has improved recently too. In short, again, we have an offense that allows us to maximize the ability of the athletes we can get into Tech. I don't know why anyone would want more then that.