Nice work by Ken

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
I rewatched the UNC TD Bedford mentions. What effort. And lets not forget this is at the end of the game. Really great stuff. I hope he gets a massive NFL paycheck

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I rewatched the UNC TD Bedford mentions. What effort. And lets not forget this is at the end of the game. Really great stuff. I hope he gets a massive NFL paycheck
It will be interesting to see how Mason gets treated by NFL scouts. How much of a market exists in the league for an elite level drive blocker with slightly less than ideal body frame dimensions? I really don't know, but I can't imagine a scenario where Shaq wouldn't be highly valued by somebody.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see how Mason gets treated by NFL scouts. How much of a market exists in the league for an elite level drive blocker with slightly less than ideal body frame dimensions? I really don't know, but I can't imagine a scenario where Shaq wouldn't be highly valued by somebody.
The Falcons sure as heck could use him since they can't keep anyone on the OL healthy.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
What a bellcow! I know we have depth but this guy is going to be missed esp since 2/3 of our plays seem to go rightside where this dude operates.
Oddly ,he could have been a stud also on DEF also according to guys who knew him coming out of hi school.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What a bellcow! I know we have depth but this guy is going to be missed esp since 2/3 of our plays seem to go rightside where this dude operates.
Oddly ,he could have been a stud also on DEF also according to guys who knew him coming out of hi school.
Watching that UGA film, we just ran the ball right up his back repeatedly. It was like having a dominant fastball as a pitcher. Once in every few pitches we changed speeds and location to keep the hitters off balance, but we were coming back to the bread and butter. You had better believe it. Here is my fastball......see if you can hit it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Shaq has two things working against him: 1. As you mentioned, his height (listed at 6'1). 2. His collegiate system and the blocking scheme we run. The NFL has become more of a passing league and Shaq doesn't have too much tape of him passing blocking.

Shaq will have to prove himself at the All-Star games running "pro" blocking schemes against the best college players. If he can excel in those practices against the elite of college football, his stock will rise.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I hadn't thought of that, but it sounds like a great idea. There have been several successful centers in the league with builds just like his. Awesome!

I'm sure many of us remember Jamie Dukes, who played center for the Falcons for 8 seasons. He is 6'1" and played guard for FSU. If Shaq has the desire to play in the league, I'm sure he will make whatever position change is needed.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I call bull**** on him playing center. I'm not saying he couldn't play the position well. But he is a great guard and will be at the next level also. Will excel in pass blocking just like he will in run blocking IMO.