Nice Little Q&A with Ted Roof

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ is going into his 7th year which is the longest anyone since Dodd has been with us. He will leave some day. Maybe next year if we don't do well this year or maybe 17 years from now after several NCs.

Roof gets GT. He is one of us. He was the Captain of the Black Watch. He has been successful coaching - not wildly so and is apparently a very good recruiter.

I think a HC needs to be more about recruiting, PR and enthusiasm (like Dabo) which can be communicated to and energize the fan base. We can get an O coordinator (like we have for D and ST now).

Thus, right now, Roof is the one I would like to see as the next HC. That could change if he becomes Grohesque :)pun) but I don't think that will happen.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ted is basically saying we defend our 30 personnel using 11 12 etc personnel and defenses in practice. The point here is that when you watch a scrimmage the defense will not correlate to the offense each snap so sometimes you have to take the on field results at face value. Both for the o and the d.

This is the reason why we shouldn't be panicking over Spring scrimmages reports

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Roof proved himself to me at Penn St. He definitely came in and gave us hope this past year. I saw vast improvements with the same personal. He has my vote right now, and if he continues to improve the D over the next couple of year, He should be our HC

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Roof proved himself to me at Penn St. He definitely came in and gave us hope this past year. I saw vast improvements with the same personal. He has my vote right now, and if he continues to improve the D over the next couple of year, He should be our HC

Ditto!