NFL Triple Option

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice film put together of the NFL Triple Option. CPJ should have started calling his offense NFL style as soon as this started. This is what the Ravens were interested in. ""

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if anyone has done a statistical breakdown of how many bad snaps occur from under center versus how many occur in the pistol or shotgun.

Also wonder the same about fumbles during the mesh between being under center versus in pistol or shotgun.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I will say I say a nicely designed and well-executed pass play by the Eagles in those clips. It would have been nice to see that under CPJ.....(and I love CPJ, to be honest)

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I will say I say a nicely designed and well-executed pass play by the Eagles in those clips. It would have been nice to see that under CPJ.....(and I love CPJ, to be honest)

Kind of wondering what the RT is doing, he blocked the LB right into the running lane. Should've kept the LB on the outside of the play....or heaven forbid cut him. I would think that would be a Give read in most offenses, and the CPJ and the OL coach would be ripping the RT a new one.

Or maybe that shows how difficult it would be to run in the NFL?

BuzzFeitenSystem

Georgia Tech Fan
He posts a vid of RPO spread option out of shotgun and brings up CPJ out of no where.. and how he should’ve called “his” offense NFL style.

How long did we even try pistol.. half a year?

I know the new offense will be RPO nfl style.. but how this relates to what CPJ ran the predominant time is confusion and a stretch.

Why make such a leap and stretch and bring up CPJ.. must love him a lot

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We were a straight up option team for the past 11 years...it’s not surprising that GT fans might have an affinity for option football. Also, we’re still gonna run a good bit of option under Collins and Patenaude, especially these first few years.

Regarding your last sentence, may very well be correct, but I am curious of the source for this. And if "a good bit" could be quantified?

BuzzFeitenSystem

Georgia Tech Fan
Nah. I said he loved CPJ in my OP and get quoted twice trying to prove there was more relevance other than his love for CPJ’s inclusion... there isn’t

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

We actually had a version of this off of mesh action. Jet ran it a decent amount with smelter in 2014