NFL Regional Combine

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've been telling you guys for a while he is really fast. We may have had one of the top 5 fastest CB pairs the last couple of years. Now that published numbers are coming out (between this and the combine for DJ), it just reinforces my observations. It should be interesting about his future. Ball skills were his biggest weakness. He was usually there but just had trouble making plays on contested balls. More than a couple times I have watched him whiff on a ball trying to tip it away. He is a physical kid too. I think teams will like his speed, core strength and physique. It is just a matter football instincts with CM.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have that play where Milton chased down the ball from the other side of the field in 2014? That's when I knew he had legit speed. I'm not sure he was ever a natural CB, just a great athlete playing CB. Remember, he was a stud QB in HS...maybe he's a slot WR or half back in the CJ Procise mold on another team.

I'm sure he's going to find himself in an NFL camp with that speed. Might not make a team, but he'll get a shot. Much like Kevin Cone...the guy caught like 5 passes his entire career at GT, but ran a 4.3 forty on Pro Day and stuck in the NFL for 3 years.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember a play from several years ago where Milton ran alongside of Tyler Marcodes as Marcodes returned a pick six. Tyler is very athletic and he was going top speed down the east sideline....FWIR Milton was passing him running basically sideways and backwards. It was impressive.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember a play from several years ago where Milton ran alongside of Tyler Marcodes as Marcodes returned a pick six. Tyler is very athletic and he was going top speed down the east sideline....FWIR Milton was passing him running basically sideways and backwards. It was impressive.

Are you really trying to compare a 240# LB and a 170# DB running down the field?

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
If you want to see Milton's speed, watch him run down Chubbs in the first qtr of the 2014 game. Chubbs broke a long run down the sideline, and Milton came across the field from a terrible angle and knocked him out at the 2 yd line. Two plays later Chubb fumbles and we recover. When Milton was a freshman, it was obvious on special teams that he had speed. Watch his pick six against Clemson in 2014 when he turns up the sideline. Boomer is right, he has the tools, but maybe not the instincts right now. Of course a better pass rush might have made his instincts look better. Some NFL team will get a steal.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I remember vividly a KO return by DUKE where their guy broke free causing the announcer to prematurely say "he's gone". Milton ran him down from behind and tackled him around the 25 or 30 after making up about 10 full yards.