NFL Draft

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Just imagine if those guys would have been on last years team. I'm not sure we lose to Duke or UNC with flowers disrupting their O line.

If you wanna play that game then here is this

- Trey Flowers flipped from GT to Arkansas

- Alvin "Bud" Dupree took a OV to Georgia Tech in late January and wanted to come here bad...Al Groh didn't like him and passed on him. Didn't get a offer during his OV and left on Saturday and went to Kentucky for a OV...rest is history.

- Dalvin Tomlinson was also very close to becoming a Jacket...he didn't have a real offer from Bama until very late.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If you wanna play that game then here is this

- Trey Flowers flipped from GT to Arkansas

- Alvin "Bud" Dupree took a OV to Georgia Tech in late January and wanted to come here bad...Al Groh didn't like him and passed on him. Didn't get a offer during his OV and left on Saturday and went to Kentucky for a OV...rest is history.

- Dalvin Tomlinson was also very close to becoming a Jacket...he didn't have a real offer from Bama until very late.

Whaaattt??!!!

Al Groh, the gift that keeps on giving...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Indeed.

I was working at Rivals then and remember talking to him a few times.

Groh made the choice to pass on him during his OV...

Dang...hurts to know GT could have had one of the best defensive players in this draft patrolling the Flats the past few years.

Cool to hear these stories...but sucks to.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Dang...hurts to know GT could have had one of the best defensive players in this draft patrolling the Flats the past few years.

Cool to hear these stories...but sucks to.

Yeah, GT fans never really talk much about that miss so I just kinda don't bring it up haha.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, GT fans never really talk much about that miss so I just kinda don't bring it up haha.

I actually never knew that. Got to give Groh credit for Jeremiah Attaouchou though.

Man...could have had JA and Dupree on the same defense along with Gotsis in the front 7. Maybe Groh would have gotten that pass rush that his 3-4 needed had he offered Dupree.