NFL Draft by Team

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Um...They had the 45th ranked class in 2021 and we were 48th. So their recruiting is slightly better than us. Their advantage is they don't play UGA and Clemson, or rather Clemson not that often. Fuente, he is as big a mystery as our staff right now.
All true. The only retort is that their recruiting ranking was higher than ours based on the number of signings in their class.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Um...They had the 45th ranked class in 2021 and we were 48th. So their recruiting is slightly better than us. Their advantage is they don't play UGA and Clemson, or rather Clemson not that often. Fuente, he is as big a mystery as our staff right now.

Might want to take a gander at the number of commits for the ‘21 classes. Their class was significantly worse. Their back to back ‘20/‘21 classes were one of the worst combos in P5. Literally nobody in the recruiting world would say they’re recruiting better than us right now.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
All true. The only retort is that their recruiting ranking was higher than ours based on the number of signings in their class.
Who could've guessed their 27 signees totaled more than our 16 signees? We did average about a point and a half ahead of them in quality. The good news, according to 247, is that only Memphis and their 25 signees separate us.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Is this true? UGA hasn't had a defensive lineman drafted since 2013?

That can't be right based on all these 4/5 stars falling over themselves to go there.
Ojulari was just drafted. And the guy that failed in Chicago-Something Leonard played DE for them but I think was drafted as a LB.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

That can't be right based on all these 4/5 stars falling over themselves to go there.
I was starting to respond that it can’t be right but then it dawned on me that they have had linebackers/edge rushers drafted not sure if any of their true down lineman have been drafted.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ojulari was just drafted. And the guy that failed in Chicago-Something Leonard played DE for them but I think was drafted as a LB.

I was starting to respond that it can’t be right but then it dawned on me that they have had linebackers/edge rushers drafted not sure if any of their true down lineman have been drafted.

Man, kg is in a true pickle here.

Should I side with the evidence, circumstantial as it may be? Or should I side with the interpretation that allows me to hate on the dawgs just a bit?

I think you bros know which side kg will fall on.

#It'sAlwaysHateWeek :cool:

In all honesty though, when you consider how well they allegedly recruit, they shouldn't be needing to split hairs and do the, "wellll, if you consider this" or "yeah but" that. They're a factory that's supposed to fast track guys to the NFL. They get 5-star DL every year but have to hem and haw about not getting any of them drafted for over 7-8 years?

That's like giving a supposed master chef the finest ingredients then having him put bologna sandwiches out as the main course. And I'm not even talking about fried bologna where you flip it over after it bubbles up on one side. I'm talking about cold bologna just plopped 'tween two slices of stale bread.

Am I painting a decent enough picture here?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yes, it is true. Wow, we’ve had more down lineman drafted than UGA since 2013. Good stat @kg01

Dang, kg is in another pickle.

Do I take credit for this stat, and enjoy the adulation of my peers? Or do I admit I stole it from secrant where they teach a master class in punking uGA and their 40 year-old "title" pretty much daily. :unsure:

Man, kg is in a true pickle here.

Should I side with the evidence, circumstantial as it may be? Or should I side with the interpretation that allows me to hate on the dawgs just a bit?

I think you bros know which side kg will fall on.

#It'sAlwaysHateWeek :cool:

In all honesty though, when you consider how well they allegedly recruit, they shouldn't be needing to split hairs and do the, "wellll, if you consider this" or "yeah but" that. They're a factory that's supposed to fast track guys to the NFL. They get 5-star DL every year but have to hem and haw about not getting any of them drafted for over 7-8 years?

That's like giving a supposed master chef the finest ingredients then having him put bologna sandwiches out as the main course. And I'm not even talking about fried bologna where you flip it over after it bubbles up on one side. I'm talking about cold bologna just plopped 'tween two slices of stale bread.

Am I painting a decent enough picture here?

Or is it possible that assigning an 18 year old some ranking is not a real measurement of what they can become or not become. Our best WR on the team last year just got drafted.....Jalen Camp was a 2 star recruit. Go figure. Player development, coaching and scheme determine wins and losses.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Or is it possible that assigning an 18 year old some ranking is not a real measurement of what they can become or not become. Our best WR on the team last year just got drafted.....Jalen Camp was a 2 star recruit. Go figure. Player development, coaching and scheme determine wins and losses.

This is all true. I just don't see how this helps me in my quest to put uga down?

This is all true. I just don't see how this helps me in my quest to put uga down?
Well, I can't help you there. Frankly how many players get to the pros is something I don't care about and is not way to measure College football success. Unfortunately we have a long way to go and changes that need to happen before we are close to UGA again.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Probably better to compare them to themselves rather than us. In Fuente's first three classes he got 20 four star players. In the last two classes he has gotten 1. The recruiting has certainly gone off the rails. They actually do still have some decent talent on the roster to work with, but he needs to turn things around immediately.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Im in DC and surrounded by them. I think the casual VPI fan isn’t really zeroed in on recruiting and their schedules have been incredibly soft the last couple years (last decade really). So they’re annoyed that they’re not competing for the ACC right now, but aren’t really seeing the impending cliff that’s in front of them.

Their 247 board kid of gets it. Most them understand their bowl streak (now over) had been propped up by weak schedules and wanted Fuente fired after 2020 because he clearly can’t recruit at all.

They did just announce a coordinated School/AA funding effort specifically to put their football program on par with the factories over the next couple decades. We’ll see if it pans out though.

If they keep Fuente they’re basically conceding that they’ll have one of the least talented rosters in the league. But if they fire him I don’t know what decent coach is going to want to inherit a bottom-3rd roster with a fanbase that has upper-3rd expectations. It would be a bigger rebuild than we’re going through right now. Without the Atlanta recruiting bed.
My son and his friends are all VT Grads from the Vick era. They are very frustrated with Fuentes and how their program has sunk. Their 15 year winning streak against UVA ended as did their 23 or so bowl streak. That has caused a lot of angst among their fan base. Still they are far more popular than UVA in football up here in Northern Virginia. They seem to have lost their identity as a hard nosed football team that caused havoc on defense and special teams. It's not clear what their offense really is as Fuentes has gone through a whole bunch of QBs and is very quick to pull the trigger on his QB.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

Not true - NFL.COM lists them as "Edge" and UGA has about one per year drafted

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Makes sense, I only brought that up because of the person using your data to compare us to ACC opponents. I appreciate the effort you made to give us the data you did. The hope on my part is that the UGA lack of experience gives us more of a chance. This is one of the reasons I always wished we played UGA earlier in the year, before they get all their players out of jail.
FTFY

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

Recently I can remember Azeez Ojulari, Lorenzo Carter, Leonard Floyd all just off the top of my head without looking into it