nfl combine participants - ga tech 0 this year but next year??

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
At a conference today i met T Parris OT from stoney brook football who going to 2018 combine. This got me wondering about gt and our opponents and acc.

Looked at nfl 2018 partiipants by school

gt =0.
Opponents Duke 0, WF 2, unc 2, jsu 3, ucf 4, v 4, clem 5, p 7, vt 7, mia 9, uga 10.
Other acc BC 4, Louisville 5, ncst 7, FSU 8.

Sure
- it goes in cycles i.e. uga was senior rich and we aren't .
- we seem to rely on the on campus pro day.
But
- hope we have better partiipants in a few years ( improved recruiting)
- i hate being in the duke and wake forrest area of football.

Who do we have as 2018 seniors who will be likely nfl 2019 combine participants?

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
At a conference today i met T Parris OT from stoney brook football who going to 2018 combine. This got me wondering about gt and our opponents and acc.

gt =0.
Opponents Duke 0, WF 2, unc 2, jsu 3, ucf 4, v 4, clem 5, p 7, vt 7, mia 9, uga 10.

Sure
But

Who do we have as 2018 seniors who will be likely nfl 2019 combine participants?
Brant Mitchell should get a look next year and Aj gray should be looked at,I can't believe Ricky jeune ain't going to the combine he would be a good WR for any team

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Surprised Devine didn’t get an invite; dude has all the measurables and has had success against high level competition.
As a senior coach sewak played him quite a bit this year ( i think in error) . Is he getting ready for pro day at gt ? or
Has he given up on his pro prospects.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
As a senior coach sewak played him quite a bit this year ( i think in error) . Is he getting ready for pro day at gt ? or
Has he given up on his pro prospects.
He's retained an agency and is preparing for pro day. Devine only started 7 games and was one of four GT players named to the All-ACC teams. Apparently you disagree with media members and the other ACC coaches; they thought Devine was our second best OL behind Parker Braun.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He's retained an agency and is preparing for pro day. Devine only started 7 games and was one of four GT players named to the All-ACC teams. Apparently you disagree with media members and the other ACC coaches; they thought Devine was our second best OL behind Parker Braun.

I think the team is glad he is putting in extra work for his pro day.

Explaining my thought on Sham: I thought Will B did well at multi positions. But in last 4 games Will only had sustained minutes as a sub for Sham in the virginia tech game. In that game WB was in for 2 LONG SUSTAINED RUN based td drives. I would have prefered Will in first half and Sham in second half as the defenses slowed down.
BECAUSE HE IS A 5TH YEAR SENIOR I AM GLAD THEY GAVE HIM A SHOT. Imagine this ladt year with an injured marshall and no Sham. Hope Will and STICK get some love this year.

To get thread back on track I will look at the All acc list to see how we ranked. I have a feeling at or near the bottom.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

gt =0.

Sure
But

If recruiting does not improve dramatically, best get used to it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ok - 2017 All Acc (1 st team to honorable mention )
Gt 4, unc 4, Cuse 5, fsu 6, duke 7, Louisville 7, virginia 7, pitt 7, BC 8, Vt 10, NCst 10, Wf 11,Mia 14, Clem 18.

Big suprise :
WF and FSU.
WF had lots of Sr
Duke has 2 first team Soph lb and db.

Even though gt is rated at bottom, I think we all agree we could have been competitive in all the ACC games save Clemson.

In 18 on ACC 1 st team to botton , I will go with
Ga tech on offense = qb, benson, 1 ab, 3 ol, and on defense 1 de , 2 lb, 2 s / db pluse punter for a total of "12".

Recruiting changed when j rat signed. This years team changed in 15 when we had all the freshmen fighting their guts out at the end of a terrible year against Miami.

We finish strong this year

In 18 it's time!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Ok - 2017 All Acc (1 st team to honorable mention )
Gt 4, unc 4, Cuse 5, fsu 6, duke 7, Louisville 7, virginia 7, pitt 7, BC 8, Vt 10, NCst 10, Wf 11,Mia 14, Clem 18.

Big suprise :
WF and FSU.
WF had lots of Sr
Duke has 2 first team Soph lb and db.

Even though gt is rated at bottom, I think we all agree we could have been competitive in all the ACC games save Clemson.

In 18 on ACC 1 st team to botton , I will go with
Ga tech on offense = qb, benson, 1 ab, 3 ol, and on defense 1 de , 2 lb, 2 s / db pluse punter for a total of "12".

Recruiting changed when j rat signed. This years team changed in 15 when we had all the freshmen fighting their guts out at the end of a terrible year against Miami.

We finish strong this year

In 18 it's time!

Good observations about All ACC. I would add it was surprising to me at least that UNC only had 4. I know they had a bad year but that team ALWAYS has talent. Duke with more all stars than FSU? What is the world coming to?

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
LJ will obviously be invited next year after he wins the starting QB position, the National Championship, and the Heisman trophy in his one hit wonder season.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't sure where to put this but its a good read. Developing all those studs hasn't put them over the hump but it's still cool to see middle rated recruits developed like that.

2 of the 4 are from GA...both from Cobb County. Chubb from Powder Springs, and Justin Jones from Austell.

GT offered Chubb but not Jones.