Next DC

CLHarperJackt

Georgia Tech Fan
Stanford, Duke, UVa, etc. are hard to get into, easy to stay there once you are admitted.

GT is hard to get into, hard to stay in school.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In the 22 years since I graduated for Tech, I have never met an Engineer from any of these schools who wasn't outstanding. The same can be said for the Engineers I've met from Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, Kansas and ND. Hell, even the Engineers from open admission Arizona State were outstanding. Thus, if GT truly does make it harder for Engineers to successfully get out than these schools, then it is GT who is at fault, for wasting the country's most valuable resources, and who deserves to be penalized in the university rankings for such a waste of talent.

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
If he comes its a new world.Attack, baby.I don't think we will see many 7 yd cushions.:)

7 yard cushions aren’t always a bad thing. You’ll see them on the wide side of the field and in other situations.
I don’t know their scheme well—I’ve only watched a couple of games. I saw them tackling well and get into the backfield, but I’m not sure they don’t get conservative

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t open the ajc site for some reason, is it official or still in the works?

NOT official. Unnamed "person close to the situation" says Woody is "in line" for the job. No final agreement or signed contract. Basically, it's the same information we already had: Woody is Tech's top target. He's interested. Nothing is a done deal... yet.

LibertyTurns

Banned
NOT official. Unnamed "person close to the situation" says Woody is "in line" for the job. No final agreement or signed contract. Basically, it's the same information we already had: Woody is Tech's top target. He's interested. Nothing is a done deal... yet.
I have it on good authority GTAA has been working tirelessly except for weekends, holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and days with band concerts or kids eat free nights to make this happen.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I think its pretty safe to make assumptions here unless something drastic happens.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
In the 22 years since I graduated for Tech, I have never met an Engineer from any of these schools who wasn't outstanding. The same can be said for the Engineers I've met from Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, Kansas and ND. Hell, even the Engineers from open admission Arizona State were outstanding. Thus, if GT truly does make it harder for Engineers to successfully get out than these schools, then it is GT who is at fault, for wasting the country's most valuable resources, and who deserves to be penalized in the university rankings for such a waste of talent.
People who flunk out of Tech wind up in good jobs. They aren't always wasted. I work with one and know another. They didn't flunk out because of lacking intellect. It was more immaturity. Some people take a while to figure things out, but the cream finds a way to rise to the top. There used to be a notion that iron sharpens iron. But I guess we're all supposed to get a trophy these days.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
People who flunk out of Tech wind up in good jobs. They aren't always wasted. I work with one and know another. They didn't flunk out because of lacking intellect. It was more immaturity. Some people take a while to figure things out, but the cream finds a way to rise to the top. There used to be a notion that iron sharpens iron. But I guess we're all supposed to get a trophy these days.
You seem delightful

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
No need to continue speculating I guess.

Appalachian State’s Nate Woody will become defensive coordinator at Georgia Tech.

Woody needs to pass a background check and finalize a contract before the agreement is official. Because Tech’s campus is closed through the end of this week, the hire likely would not be announced until after the new year.

Woody follows Ted Roof, who accepted a co-defensive coordinator job.