Next DC

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Toledo is just disinterested. They won 11 games and their conference, they're not FCS; their effort level is way too low.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
App State defense plays fast and players were all playing as a unit.

Could Toledo be that bad?

If not fast would be fun for our players.

This will be coaches last dc at gt.
I am sure he gets our full support till he names one.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
App State defense plays fast and players were all playing as a unit.

Could Toledo be that bad?

If not fast would be fun for our players.

This will be coaches last dc at gt.
I am sure he gets our full support till he names one.
I think the MAC is overrated this season and Toledo is the weakest 11 win team I've seen in a long time. Toledo looked slow to me and App State ran rings around them

doug

Georgia Tech Fan
My question is why did he spend 12 years at Wofford and now 5 years at App state? Seems like a long time to move up now a Days.
Not really. His career trajectory is similar to good DCs like Don Brown, Pete Kwiatkowski, and Dave Aranda, all of whom coached in non-P5 jobs for years before getting their shot.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It really is night and day. We are so bad fundamentally on defense.

In the circus, they train a baby elephant by tying it to a pole for years. For years, all the elephant does is walk around the pole in circles. All day, every day...round and round. Finally, after years of being tied to the pole and only able to walk around in circles aroudn that pole, the circus finally takes the ropes off the elephant. How does the elephant react? By walking around and around that pole. All day, every day. It's all the elephant knows how to do. Elephants are one of the smartest animals to grace the earth, but if you raise it in that environment and that's all they know, then that's all they will know to do.

Sometimes it's as if some of our fans are like the poor elephant.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In the circus, they train a baby elephant by tying it to a pole for years. For years, all the elephant does is walk around the pole in circles. All day, every day...round and round. Finally, after years of being tied to the pole and only able to walk around in circles aroudn that pole, the circus finally takes the ropes off the elephant. How does the elephant react? By walking around and around that pole. All day, every day. It's all the elephant knows how to do. Elephants are one of the smartest animals to grace the earth, but if you raise it in that environment and that's all they know, then that's all they will know to do.

Sometimes it's as if some of our fans are like the poor elephant.

Circus references...ok.

So.....are you contending Woody is a great D.C.? Do all the Roof haters concur? If so I hope like Hell we hire him. Then if we don't live up to expectations....some of our fans that act like clowns ((y))....can shut their pie holes about coaching. Because the new guy doesn't have the flaws y'all hate so much. :cigar:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Circus references...ok.

So.....are you contending Woody is a great D.C.? Do all the Roof haters concur? If so I like Hell we hire him. Then if we don't live up to expectations....some of our fans that act like clowns ((y))....can shut their pie holes about coaching. Because the new guy doesn't have the flaws y'all hate so much. :cigar:

lol. Nah broseph.

I'm saying GT fans are so use to thinking GT can only do so well that when we actually do well, it has to be a confluence of so many acts of God. It couldnt' possibly be that GT has the potential to be better than some GT fans are willing to accept, could it? I mean, the 17 straight years of making a bowl game, 15 years of never having a losing record, multiple ACCCG appearances, and multiple ACC titles during that period was just some huge coincidence?

You get what you're willing to accept.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Circus references...ok.

So.....are you contending Woody is a great D.C.? Do all the Roof haters concur? If so I hope like Hell we hire him. Then if we don't live up to expectations....some of our fans that act like clowns ((y))....can shut their pie holes about coaching. Because the new guy doesn't have the flaws y'all hate so much. :cigar:
I'm a clown because I think Roof is a bad fit for us? Well honk my nose and squeeze a few more in the Pinto.:cigar: