Next DC

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope this change doesn't set up back. We have done a fair job of shoring up our defense over the past few years. Roof deserves some credit. Without a serious exodus of players, we should have a better defense next year.

Go jackets.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
After watching the App UT replay I have to say I do like the way the DTs slant and shoot gaps. Lbs seemed to play fits well and flowed to the ball hard without over running plays. DBs seemed to play pretty big cushions overall and still got beat deep some. They looked to be shorter than WRs....I've seen that elsewhere.

I think that kind of line scheme favors Branch to a T. I think it favors Glanton also. Not so much Cerge and Adams. LBs need to be quick and agressive. Favors TD and Vic I think. I think BM and BJS also fit, but I think all are better fits at ILB. I'm uncertain about OLB.

Just 2cents from an uninformed fan. Look forward to hearing what @Ibeeballin and @vamosjackets think.

Of course, that would be pretty inconsequential if we hire someone else.:cigar:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Please no one that has worked with factory athletes. Groh came via pros and Virginia when they were very good. Roof came via Penn State and auburn. All I heard was need more players.

We need someone's that doesn't need rib eye to make a great stew!
To make gt stew the dc we get should only need the following:
1. some lean cuts of meat ( a few really good players).
2. slow cooking (good team practice)
3. Hardy vegetables ( players that wont quit and love gt).
4. lots of his seasoning ( inspiration, pregame planning, in game adjustments).
5 Served with joy and piping hot ( enthusiastically loves to bring the pressure).
AND
6 HAVE A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER.

We have some real talent now and more players will come if we stay aggressive.

GO Jackets.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
After watching the App UT replay I have to say I do like the way the DTs slant and shoot gaps. Lbs seemed to play fits well and flowed to the ball hard without over running plays. DBs seemed to play pretty big cushions overall and still got beat deep some. They looked to be shorter than WRs....I've seen that elsewhere.

I think that kind of line scheme favors Branch to a T. I think it favors Glanton also. Not so much Cerge and Adams. LBs need to be quick and agressive. Favors TD and Vic I think. I think BM and BJS also fit, but I think all are better fits at ILB. I'm uncertain about OLB.

Just 2cents from an uninformed fan. Look forward to hearing what @Ibeeballin and @vamosjackets think.

Of course, that would be pretty inconsequential if we hire someone else.:cigar:
Slants, gaps twists etc are fine. Our base line up head on is fine however they all must be done fast.
In our head on defense we hit and hold but our hold is a count too long. We end up in a death grip with little chance of hurrying the qb and no chance of a non coverage sack.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Please no one that has worked with factory athletes. Groh came via pros and Virginia when they were very good. Roof came via Penn State and auburn. All I heard was need more players.

We need someone's that doesn't need rib eye to make a great stew!
To make gt stew the dc we get should only need the following:
1. some lean cuts of meat ( a few really good players).
2. slow cooking (good team practice)
3. Hardy vegetables ( players that wont quit and love gt).
4. lots of his seasoning ( inspiration, pregame planning, in game adjustments).
5 Served with joy and piping hot ( enthusiastically loves to bring the pressure).
AND
6 HAVE A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER.

We have some real talent now and more players will come if we stay aggressive.

GO Jackets.

Lean meat is no good for stew. ;)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’m loving the blitz, and stunt packages out of App state. They just had a sack and it’s something I don’t recall ever seeing at GT. It was simple but effective. The ILB lines up in the A gap and at the snap takes a hard step in as if that’s the hole he’s blitzing but instead stunted around the DE and DT who were crashing down. He was not accounted for and made the first hit on the QB.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I’m loving the blitz, and stunt packages out of App state. They just had a sack and it’s something I don’t recall ever seeing at GT. It was simple but effective. The ILB lines up in the A gap and at the snap takes a hard step in as if that’s the hole he’s blitzing but instead stunted around the DE and DT who were crashing down. He was not accounted for and made the first hit on the QB.
On 3rd and long no less