Next DC

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A lot of the talk regarding our next D.C. is in the Roof thread. So a new thread needed imo.

Whoever it is needs to be a fresh face imo. I think regardless of who we choose our D will be improved again next year. I think our talent has been improving and our experience and depth have as well. So the next guy won't have to wait 4 years to rebuild completely imo.

I'm not saying top 20D. I'd guess somewhere in the top 40. If the new guy gets us to top 20. I think we will all be able to say the hire was a resounding success. Here's to hoping.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of the talk regarding our next D.C. is in the Roof thread. So a new thread needed imo.

Whoever it is needs to be a fresh face imo. I think regardless of who we choose our D will be improved again next year. I think our talent has been improving and our experience and depth have as well. So the next guy won't have to wait 4 years to rebuild completely imo.

I'm not saying top 20D. I'd guess somewhere in the top 40. If the new guy gets us to top 20. I think we will all be able to say the hire was a resounding success. Here's to hoping.

So it seems you can watch him work firsthand on TV tonight. Let's hope App St. plays good defense tonight or else there will be mass panic on all the Tech message boards.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We need dynamic recruiters that can relate to modern kids and don't mind the grind of traveling. Roof was able to focus on Gwinnett county so it was fairly easy on him. Those older guys that have to travel to find recruits must get tired of it after a while.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope whoever it is starts from the ground up. Teach these kids how to tackle and wrap up. No more shooting ourselves in the foot with sloppiness. Other than that, I'm less worried about a particular scheme than I am about someone who can make adjustments. To quote Mike Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Why are we hiring that toy cowboy from those Disney kid movies?

open-uri20150422-20810-10n7ovy_9b42e613.jpeg

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
A more aggressive defensive scheme is certainly a step up and something that is attractive to me. My biggest question at this point if things go the way people feel they are (Woody) would be how is he as a recruiter? Difficult to judge when he hasn’t been at a major D1 program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk