New weight room ???

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think it's a great idea. It would put us near the top in facilities with a modest investment. We already have a brand new state of the art locker room, now a top notch weight room with natural lighting that looks out onto the field, no less. Don't forget the capital campaign to basically rebuild the Edge is on going.

Decreasing stadium capacity is a bonus not a negative, in my book, it's too big as it is.

I wasn't even for adding on to it in the first place, but I wish we would put a stop to this cycle of adding/subtracting seats. Just stop. All the facilities you mention are to the good, but spending more on recruiting will get us back to the Orange Bowl faster and surer than a bigger weight room and a littler stadium.

Going national in recruiting fits what we are as the only top 25 STEM school in a power 5 conference. We're not going to get to where we want to be recruiting against all the football factories in our back yard. There is a limited amount of money and the question isn't just whether a bigger, nicer weight room would help us. It would. The question is whether that's the best way to utilize the money we have.

Quit picking on us Upper North folks, go in and take a look how many of those seats are held by STH. It will shock you to see how many of those seats are sold. :)
Not picking on you, but do those seats require a ticket fee? Seems like they don't, and that that's where a lot of former upper-east fans moved to when the ticket fee was initiated, at least those that didn't quit coming altogether.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
In a perfect world tech expands and says we will create an easier course for student athletes that dont want an engineering degree. Maybe lax on the mathematic side... I know that's blasphemy, but its blunt, to the point. and true .

How many S/As do we have, on average, that major in Eng.? How many starters on average?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I mean making a whole degree that's nfl or bust for them. A degree that's basically meaningless. Let them focus on football lol

Basically make it where if you're offered an athletic scholarship then you just need to graduate high school. Lol GPA and sat score won't matter. Just get athletes in the door.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Not picking on you, but do those seats require a ticket fee? Seems like they don't, and that that's where a lot of former upper-east fans moved to when the ticket fee was initiated, at least those that didn't quit coming altogether.

No fee required but that's not why I have my seats there. To me it's the best place to watch a game from, see the O from that perspective is fantastic as you see the play as it breaks. Years back with I coached youth league I always watched practice from behind the O or D depending on what I was focusing on at the time

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...room-for-georgia-tech/ZmzRvTpwSyT1lHVPROLhiI/

Not sure about further decreasing the capacity of BDS, but it's definitely an interesting idea. It would at least get all the students back together at the same end of the stadium, and it would also move a sizable number of the visiting fans to the upper north, further away from the action.

Yes. Move students to lower east stands by the south end zone. Move opponent fans and band to upper decks of east and north.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
Speaking of seating, I had a conversation with a co-worker who’s a UNC guy recently, and he was telling me that they have removed the bleachers from Kenan and replaced them with chairs that fold (I’m guessing like what you see in most baseball stadiums). In doing that they’ve reduced the capacity from about 60k to 50k.

I’m not saying I want to take lessons from UNC for establishing a football culture, but a similar idea for BDS might not be bad. It’s an interesting way to eliminate empty seats while improving the game day experience (if you’re sitting, I guess).