New WBB Coach: Nell Fortner

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Carson is a Soph.(CMJ didn’t play her too much).
Chanin Scott is planning on a return for her final year, ‘20-‘21.

Student Attendees get in with their Buzz Cards, as far as I know. I think it’s still 5$ for any Student.

The attendance will lag until the Associate AD supports Marketing in an effort to call up all of the retirement homes in Metro Atlanta, for starters. Most of them have their own vans and busses. Sunday afternoons are perfect for them. The Thursday night games could be a tad more challenging with traffic and the later hour for some.

A few years ago, I called four on my own. They only asked for a group rate. No one got back to them from GT. CMJ passed it on to T.W. because she said it was her place to care about those concerns. I followed up with the four homes @ EOS, so I know.

Joleen Akin is still the contact from last year, as far as I know. I left it alone, finally!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Carson is a Soph.(CMJ didn’t play her too much).

From what I've heard on the WREK women's basketball broadcasts, Carson wasn't 'allowed' to shoot before this year. Not sure what that means, and may have heard it wrong, but she's doing pretty damn good so far this year. So keep shooting!

Student Attendees get in with their Buzz Cards, as far as I know. I think it’s still 5$ for any Student.

As far as I recall, students get in free to all home ACC athletic events unless they're post-season or other special tournaments. Been a while since I've been a student at Tech, but been to many sporting events where students just have to show their ID's to get in, at Tech and other ACC schools the last year or so. So no reason for students not to show up than just apathy.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Carson was not a “go to player,” therefore you heard it correctly.
I remember Deja Foster’s Mom being upset about those shackles at one time.

When they were recruited, they are not told whether they are going to be used as a complimentary player or a go to one. Typically, unless it’s Kaela Davis for two years by herself, there would be a couple designated for said role. I watched smart teams use a triangle & two against us and shut our offense completely.

This HC doesn’t have such a policy.

I should have said “any non-Tech student” was $5.
In the history of the team, GT students have never paid.
When they moved over to Alexander, the first few years nobody paid.
The Ladies played 3 hours before the Men’s game. MBB tix. were cheap.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They should run a few promotion games for alums to get in at very low prices. Once you get into it it can become routine and entertaining. Free parking at or near the dome could make it even better.
Get the frat and sororoties involved. A visit by the coach can do wonders.
No reason weekend games can't have good attendance.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
They should run a few promotion games for alums to get in at very low prices. Once you get into it it can become routine and entertaining. Free parking at or near the dome could make it even better.
They do. Kids are free on Sundays and adults are ~ $6. Group Tix are $3/person (if 10 or more).

Parking is a female dog. But it can't get much cheaper unless they let everyone in for free.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
As a current student in a fraternity that has attended a few WBB games this season, I couldn’t agree more. If they marketed the Women’s basketball team to the students as much as they do football, basketball, and baseball you’d see a large uptick in student attendance. Especially if/when they get ranked that would become a huge selling point to the student body.

i brought two friends to the WBB Miami game a few weeks ago when the ladies came from behind to win in the 4th. They both came away saying that it was the most fun they’ve had watching a Tech basketball team in a while.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For those that care to know, sounds like BuzzB has decided to take a pause from the bball forum.

Frankly, I think I'll probably do the same.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
OT loss to UNC tonight. Need to get back on track this weekend at Duke. 2nd home loss in a row.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Back to a 2 game winning streak after road win at Pitt and home win today vs WF.

Back to back road games on tap at VT and at NCSU this week for the Lady Jackets.

Schedule is pretty brutal down the stretch. They had to have a W today.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
BC coach won Coach of the Year, but props to Coach Fortner for doing a hell of a job this season. After losing two of top players to transfer, she has just COACHED this team. No pity party, no excuses, just go play good basketball. Weathered a rough stretch and won four games against ranked teams.

Hopefully the stars align for the NCAA Tourney, but the future of the program is bright with her at the helm. She's got a strong recruiting class coming in, so becoming a consistent top 25 team seems within reach.